Horror and Thriller Flash Fiction posted August 11, 2015 Chapters:  ...54 56 -61- 62... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A Tiny Tale of Terror

A chapter in the book Tiny Tales of Terror

The Dead of Night

by Dean Kuch




Background
A multi-authored book of flash horror and micro fiction terror tales, authored by fellow FanStorian horror aficionados... just like you!
























The Dead of Night
by Dean Kuch


 

My daughter won't stop screaming or crying. I've done everything I can think of—everything I observed my wife doing before she decided to walk out on us.

 

It always worked for her.

 

She's constantly awakening me in the dead of night. I'm a security guard over at Macum's Mill—on the morning shift.

 

I gotta get some sleep.

 

I know what you're thinking. Hire some help so I get some much needed rest, right? How much money do you think I pull in a week?

 

I visited my daughter's grave today to ask her to stop.

 

It didn't help.


 

 photo tumblr_mhy6g42SQT1rm692wo1_5001_zpsonlu9xtm.gif




Recognized


Poor kiddie. She really didn't stand a... ghost of a chance in life. I guess daddy needed a little closure himself. He certainly seemed to be losing a lot of sleep over it.
It's true what they say about baby boils and ghouls, you know. You can't live with 'em, and you can't kill 'em either. Because they're already dead, heh-heh-heh...

Until next time, fright fans...pleasant screams...
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Multi-Author Book
Add Chapter
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Dean Kuch All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Dean Kuch has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.