General Fiction posted August 4, 2015 Chapters:  ...29 30 -31- 32... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
a 100-word horror story

A chapter in the book Short

Living

by Bill Schott

100 Word Horror Contest Winner 
The mirror caught Doug's eye. His reflection proved the shotgun blast had not killed him.  The gypsy's curse was still in force, and all his efforts to thwart it had failed.

He remembered hitting the gypsy wagon with his Stutz, as he had sped down the road. A dying victim cursed Doug to "Live!"

Now, trapped in an ancient body, aching with painful cancer, Doug had tried everything to die. Poisoning and stabbing had only hurt him.

Even this double-barreled shotgun blast to the head had failed.

Grumbling, Doug cleaned up the mess and retrieved his eyeball from the mirror.



 


Writing Prompt
100 Word Horror.

In exactly 100 words exactly--no more, no less--write a story that fills your unsuspecting readers with terror. Horror, revulsion and morbid fright is good too. Shivers up & down the spine are also a huge plus. The topic you choose is completely up to you. Artwork is absolutely welcome.
So, get your horror/thriller muses in gear and get cracking.

You've got some scaring to do!

100 Word Horror
Contest Winner

Recognized


There are 100 words, hand counted.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.