General Fiction posted June 26, 2015


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
What I feel makes America great

Happy Birthday America

by justafan

Patriotism Contest Winner 

Our country is still very young compared to some around the world. Only 239 years recognized as the United States of America.We are still evolving in this melting pot we call home.

In times of stress, you will see us united as one. With the fierceness of a mother bear protecting her cubs, we face adversity from those who wish to see us crumble. We are stronger even in our differences than some whose mantra is forced. 

It is my belief that our Constitution, Bill of Rights and The Bible, all written so long ago but filled with hope and desire for a better tomorrow, that has lifted, sustained and allowed our country to grow into this place of world power it is today.

Even as our children say the Pledge of Allegiance to our flag, and we watch demonstrators trample or burn it, it is our Bill of rights that our young men and women have fought and died for that allows this to occur.
 
We are privileged to live in a country where differences are not only allowed but encouraged. If you think this is a misstatement, you have but to look at the beheadings we see from ISIS to confirm that differences are not tolerated everywhere.

As I said in the beginning we are still evolving. Even with all the belligerence shouted in the news every night, I still feel blessed to wake up in the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave.

                                                                   
                                                 
  
           HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA       


Writing Prompt
Fourth of July is just around the bend... Tell me why you are a proud American.

Patriotism
Contest Winner
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. justafan All rights reserved.
justafan has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.