General Fiction posted June 25, 2015


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a contest entry.... someone else

Poor Penelope

by judester

Someone Else Contest Winner 
Sarah opened her eyes and looked slowly around the room. Where were all the cots and the orphans? Where was Mama Rhema and the familiar smell of tea and chapattis?

She sat up in a beautiful pink canopied bed and looked out the bay window. The garden went on forever with flowering fruit trees and horses grazing peacefully in the field.

'Penelope, time to get up" a woman said softly as she entered the room. She pushed the curtains back and sunlight flooded in to the most beautiful bedroom Sarah could have ever imagined.

'I made a special breakfast for your big day" the woman said.
'Big day?" Sarah questioned, as she pushed away the soft duvet and slipped her feet into warm slippers beside the bed.
'Yes silly, first day of school."

Sarah had always wanted to go to school, but as an orphan that was just not an option.
She could see a pressed blue school uniform hanging in the closet and she slipped it on. Brand new shoes and a leather satchel completed her look.

She made her way down a thick carpeted staircase, taking in the luxurious decor and wonderful smell of fresh flowers.

She sat down and smiled shyly at the woman and man smiling back at her.
"I sure hope Penelope likes chapattis," she said to herself as she sipped the chilled fruit juice.


Writing Prompt
You (or your character) wakes up and are someone different.

Someone Else
Contest Winner


Thanks to pattigirl for the illustration.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. judester All rights reserved.
judester has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.