General Poetry posted May 27, 2015


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
You cannot catch the wind.

The wayward soul.

by royowen

The wind cannot a captive be,
nor is the wayward soul,
And though the eye can see the day,
it's blind to sin's dark hole.

As surely as the oceans roar,
so too the lightning strikes,
For as the thunder beats its drum,
the soul the law dislikes.

And yet the soul controls the mind,
it also tames the heart,
But if your spirit's ruled by God,
your soul in Christ is part.

God's voice is like a whispered song
that carries on the breeze
and winds are like God's messengers
that eager hearts will seize.
R.Owen 27/05/2015



Recognized


*Psalm 104:1a "Praise The Lord oh my soul, oh my God, you are very great;" I realise the soul, is the the controlling device, determining the decision making process in our lives, it could be heart, mind or, as I use, the soul. David commanded his soul to obey and bring everything else under subjection to God. This is the part that is shaped environmentally, in a global sense, childhood, education etc. We all have have free will, what we do with that will, God graciously grants us sovereignty, I choose to give my will to God, who is the only one trustworthy!
John 3:8 "The wind blows where it chooses, and you hear the sound of it, but you don't know where it comes from nor where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit." NIV.
Psalm 135:7 "He it is who makes the clouds rise at the end of the earth rise at the ends of the earth; He makes the lightnings for the rain and brings out the wind from His storehouses." NIV.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. royowen All rights reserved.
royowen has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.