Letters and Diary Non-Fiction posted May 2, 2015


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A rant

Am I a Cry Baby

by justafan

I am changing this a tad and re-posting...some may call me a "cry baby" but I have to work out my frustrations somehow.

I have heard the old saying YOU SCRATCH MY BACK AND I’LL SCRATCH YOURS, and I have applied that here in FanStory. Doesn’t seem to come back, however.

I am writing this while still a tad angry and disappointed at some of my fellow fanstorians. While some give genuine crit and offer help in fixing grammatical errors others simply seek to knock you down.

Those that try and knock you down must have forgotten where they came from.

As a new writer and one that hasn’t tried my hand at it in over 40 years things get a tad rusty, to be sure. Some fanstorians have forgotten what it’s like to put your heart in your work and have it read by others. Forgotten what it felt like to see their work ripped apart and or tossed aside like yesterday’s news.

My anger is writing so pardon me. I have wandered off track.

 I have tried to cultivate a working relationship with some excellent writers in FanStory but for some reason, even though I read and review all that they post do not get the same courtesy. Is this not what FanStory is about?

I look at every contest since I have been here and entered some and voted on all. I have watched for some of my favorite writers to post and ALWAYS read their work and review it. I try to give my opinion as to whether their work engages me and keeps me that way from beginning to end as I am obviously not literate enough to offer the stuff that has to be taught.

While this last statement may offend or put some off, trust me when I say I can tell the difference between someone genuinely caring and wanting to offer assistance and those who for whatever reason feel the need to make another feel like you are wasting your time and theirs by submitting anything.

So this is my rant.

1.If you are going to give reviews of another’s work and see something wrong at least offer some fix.
2.If you are expecting your stuff to get read and reviewed, do the same for others.
3.If you are literate enough and CAN offer correct grammar and punctuation do so.
4.If you see another’s work is in a contest watch for that contest to be open for voting and vote your conscience.

Just remember all put their heart in their work. Some, like me, not polished and educated, but love the written word.

Lastly, NOTE TO SELF: Watch your fan list!
Okay rant over
,Justafan over and out!



Recognized


I have very carefully made 26 fans here. I fail to understand why I struggle to get 15 reviews. I will continue to read and review and post and enter contests...I just had to say this again...for myself.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. justafan All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
justafan has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.