Commentary and Philosophy Fiction posted March 16, 2015


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Positive Forces vs Negative Forces!

Trapped

by RPSaxena


The Positive Forces have been found trapped since humanity came in to existence on this planet. The trap is made of their own goodness: the good qualities such as love, compassion, modesty, honesty and generosity. It’s the invisible trap in which they voluntarily suffer, sacrifice and get crucified! 

Why?

Human beings can be divided into two categories on the grounds of their nature or mentality:  Positive-minded and Negative-minded i.e. the persons of constructive mentality and those of destructive mindset. They come to light on the basis of the aspect which is dominant in them. The former are in majority, but most of them remain passive due to the latter’s fear and their other worldly problems. The two groups can be termed as Positive Forces and Negative Forces respectively. 

Positive forces vs Negative forces! 

Both the forces are just opposite to each other and have been at war, overtly or covertly, to establish their dominance all around the world. This scenario has been going on nonstop since time immemorial. Each wants to oust the other, but their objectives and ways are poles apart.

The Positive Forces want peace, progress, prosperity of all the living beings and feel happiness in helping, making, improving without craving anything in return. They follow their own soul and humanitarian path to achieve their objects. Their motto is: Kill the evil, not the evil-doer. 

In contrast, the Negative Forces are self-centered and think only of fulfilling their self-interests. They try their best to gratify their false ego, vile greed, petty interests at any cost and believe in wiping out whatever is against their whims and fancies. 

The Negative Forces treat the Positive Forces’ large-heartedness as their weakness/foolishness and take its undue advantage. Whenever the latter are in a vacillating mood or in a dilemma: To attack or not to attack? The former shrewdly using this time-gap, create a crafty confusion and attack the latter with full force.

As a result, the Negative Forces succeed in their evil designs and are seen boasting of being happy with their ill-gotten gains. 

On the other hand, the Positive Forces seem to be loser and sufferer most of the time in their life-span. They face numerous hardships, untoward incidents, even cruel and untimely death, but without any regret and with winning smile on their faces. Their contentment mirrors this realization that they are leaving behind a better world to live in. Here’s their tacit success and its proofs are the smiling faces all around us.

If we watch closely a big prosperous family in our vicinity and relations; any good organization, community, society or opulent country; we’ll find selfless services of one, two or some persons working underneath it as the firm foundation. Their pleasant color and fragrance exist due to the henna- like positive forces which get crushed time and again only for the happiness of their fellow beings. 

Let’s see it on the bigger, global canvas. Just cast a cursory glance at biographies and notable works of great personalities of the world. This truth is crystal clear!

Jesus Christ undergoes various sufferings and gets crucified, but from his crucifixion emerges a soothing light in the form of Christianity which is enlightening the whole world, especially the West which is known for leading a prosperous and sophisticated life.

In the same way, the ancient sages, Gautama Buddha, Guru Nanak in India and Muhammad Sahib in Middle East suffer a lot in their lives, but give birth to Hinduism, Buddhism, Sikhism and Islam respectively. All the religions have been propounded to let the humankind enjoy universal peace, progress, prosperity, love and harmony.

Let’s recall the role of Socrates in Greece; Washington, Lincoln and Martin Luther King Jr in the US; Nelson Mandela in South Africa and Mahatma Gandhi in India along with countless known & unknown martyrs. They are just like the tip of a huge iceberg. They’ve worked, suffered and died for the well-being of the whole humanity.

We have got a worth living world due to the efforts and sacrifices of such figures/positive forces. It is to be maintained and made better for posterity.

Hence, the positive forces have to quicken their pace of coming out of the self-made trap and act wholeheartedly to annihilate the Negative Forces. During this process, the following facts are to be kept in mind: 

1st, Great personalities and all the known or unknown persons, who have physically left this mortal world, are still amongst us through their noble thoughts, words and deeds. We can perceive their presence as an effective positive force, if we wish to do so. Don’t we feel them, at time to time, arousing our sleepy positivity within us and inspiring us to eliminate the evils from this beautiful Earth?

2nd, Terrorism has now become a global feature. At present, Negative Forces spearheaded by Islamic fundamentalism have raised their ugly heads. The masked Islamic terrorists, as the ubiquitous ghosts, swoop down on their desired site; spread death, destruction and disappear; only to reappear at some other places with renewed strength and better preparation. 

The world has been witnessing their bloody foot-marks from the Middle-East, South-East and East to the West, especially since 9/11/2001 incident in the US. Recently, numerous innocent killings, the massacre in the army-run school in Pakistan’s Peshawar and heinous Charlie Hebdo massacre in Paris have shattered sleep of the whole civilized world.

3rd, Liberal Christians, Jews, Hindus and Muslims far outnumber the fundamentalist Christians, Jews, Hindus and Muslims. Shedding their dormancy, they are coming out of their self-made trap to clip the wings of monstrous terrorists.

4th, Two pronged war is being waged against the traders of death and destruction:

On the one hand, vast majority of the liberal masses has stood up to oppose the hijacking of its society by fistful loonies, thereby trying to make them rootless. The supply of feedback, money and all sorts of dangerous weapons is steadily being stopped to them. 

On the other hand, sincere efforts are being made to eradicate poverty, ill-education, illiteracy and backwardness, particularly from the Muslim regions of the world. 

5th, Islam has largely been exempt from the critical scrutiny that other religions have undergone to modernize them, but now it has started passing through the sterilizing process. The Muslims, throughout the world, are realizing that militants are not their well-wishers, but are the enemy of whole humanity. Thus they are coming into the main stream of modernity.

6th, Modernity has four non-negotiable pillars: democracy, which is impossible without free speech; freedom of faith; gender equality; and economic equality, through which the poor are the principal beneficiaries of economic growth. 

Freedom of speech isn’t the License to speak or write whatever we like. The words, spoken or written, should emit such pleasant rays that are absolutely amicable to everyone irrespective of their caste, color, creed, race or place. 

The killings of the Charlie Hebdo cartoonists is unacceptable, Yet beyond the tragic deaths, it’s best when the cartoon remains a cartoon: A weapon of laughter and thought, not a weapon of war against religious beliefs. After all, a bellyful of laughter always dignifies both the prankster and his target.

Pope Francis rightly said: “There are limits to freedom of expression, especially when it insults or ridicules someone’s faith.” 

Faiths/Religions are different versions of the same theme. They lay emphasis on the universal peace, love, liberty, equality and fraternity.

During India’s struggle for Independence, Mahatma Gandhi, in a marvelous message, urges that the Bhagavad Gita should be read with the eye of a Hindu and the Quran with the eye of a Muslim: with sympathy, not invective.

The renowned saint Swami Vivekananda, seeking India’s resurgence through India’s unique philosophy, is equally forthright: if you are born a Hindu, he says, be a good Hindu; if born a Muslim, be a good Muslim and that will make both good Indians. 

Likewise, the followers of different religions may become good global citizens and no doubt, the people, nowadays, can be noticed following the true spirit of religion and modernity all over the world.

Most of the political leaders and governments; religious leaders/mentors; the Media and the writers have started thinking in the progressive way. Having raised themselves above trifling and national interests, they are beginning to work in unison for the International peace and harmony. 

Let these efforts be augmented by the United Nations. Today, the U N is just like a paper tiger. It needs to be prudently revived and strengthened.

The United Nations under Potent Positive Forces must work as the Vigilant Watchdog of World Peace. It must look and behave as the free, strong and roaring lion whose mere presence keeps all the living beings of the jungle in perfect order. 

In the modern world, almost all the countries are its members. Most of them have adopted the democratic system. The remainders should be motivated to move in the same direction. Their governments must be forced to keep their houses well set, through persuasion or coercion as per the situation. 

The world is taking the shape of a small family. It is becoming increasingly interdependent. The countries are coming closer to one another, sharing their mutual problems and trying their best to solve them. This budding process is to be backed up judiciously.

The civilized world, particularly the western world which is vibrant with positive waves, has to play a more active role in this regard. The West can remain the best as long as it takes care of the rest.

No country on the globe is beyond the reach of terrorists now. That’s why all the positive forces and the well-wishers of mankind are uniting to encircle and entrap their common enemy.

Things are taking the right course. Let the momentum be gained each day and the good time is not far when the Negative Forces headed by the heartless militants will find themselves globally deserted and trapped.

Amen!
***

 



Trapped contest entry

Recognized


1. Photo Courtesy of Google Images.

2. A human life is worthless unless it delivers something worthwhile for posterity.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. RPSaxena All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
RPSaxena has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.