General Flash Fiction posted February 25, 2015


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A date going wrong

The Rendezvous

by Ulla

The Rendezvous


I woke up to the sun flickering in through the curtains leaving the room bathed in a hazy glow. I jumped out of bed, opened the curtains and what a beautiful sight that met my eyes. Spring had really come. I got dressed in a flash and all I could think of was that I was to see Adrian again. My beautiful Adrian! A shiver went through me of sheer anticipation and longing. Oh, how I had missed him!

We met only a few weeks back, and he just swept me off my feet. I always thought I was too pragmatic for that to happen, but I now knew what my friends raved and ranted about. He was so extremely handsome, tall with a strong square face, and such lovely sense of humour. That was what really attracted me to him.

Adrian had suggested to meet up at the lake down in the valley. There was an old boat house, and he had kind of hinted that we might go out on the lake in one of the rowing boats. This was just the perfect day for that, so I'd better dress practically, bringing a warm jacket, as you never knew how it would be if a breeze would spring up. As soon as I was ready, I jumped into my car and drove the few kilometres down to the lake.

Ten minutes later I arrived at the public car park. Adrian's car was already there, but no sign of him, so I thought he would probably be waiting at the boat house. I collected my few things, and rushed toward it. I could see a boat bobbing up and down in the water in the slight breeze. OK, so he'd already got a boat ready. Good. I was looking forward to go out.

Still no sign of Adrian. I called his name, but no answer. Oh well, he would be inside collecting stuff and not hearing me. I went round the house and entered the door calling: 'Hi Adrian it's me, what are you up to? '

All I saw was the blood and all I heard was my own scream. Then everything went black.......




Surprise Me writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
This is a flash fiction contest. Write a story that has a surprise ending. Since it is flash, the word count must be between 200 and 600 words. The ending can be funny, sad, shocking, etc. But the reader has to be surprised.

Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Ulla All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Ulla has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.