Humor Fiction posted February 20, 2015


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Not the usual kind

Fanstory Romance

by Deniz22


Ok, I don't mean "romance" in the usual way. I mean a relationship built on someone's admiration of you as a writer on this site.

You have that "aha" moment of triumph when AT LAST someone grasps just how wonderful you are. They realize you are intelligent, witty and multitalented. And because of their choice of you as someone worthy of such recognition, your esteem for their impeccable taste is off the charts.

It's a brief but heady hook up. Surrounded by clusters of stars, you both pour out mutual praise like Joe Biden at a...a...well, anywhere there's a camera. But alas, though you have rocketed this route before, you forget the inevitable flame-out at the end, no matter how many times you have come back down to earth.

Sooner or later, egos bump, and the stars begin to fall. Spag becomes an insurmountable barrier and POVs are distorted or misread. Shared LOLs pare down to one reluctant smiley face. Fanships are taken back or neglected. In the last throes of the death of these more intense literary unions, letters are sent to Tom (the site master who never sleeps) and someone is blocked. It's over!

This has happened to me several times, though not always to such a degree, but nevertheless, a mess of brokenness.

Here's the good side...sometimes these relationships pick up again and become the strongest after all. Now, in a literary sense, we are not afraid to be seen as we really are, sans make up (women) or airs (men). The quasi-dating is over and now we can be friends...real friends...FanStory friends.

Even now, I am waiting for such a renewed relationship...you know who you are. Please form a line and be patient, I'll get to you. Did you bring my stars?




Recognized


Mostly joking here but some truth as well. I got blocked by one of the "biggies" on here one time and felt really bad about it. All of a sudden, it was on again and the writer said she actually meant to block someone else. We're pretty solid now...is being mistakenly blocked like taking one for the team? :)
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Deniz22 All rights reserved.
Deniz22 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.