General Poetry posted January 31, 2015


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Signed, sealed, and delivered.

His body etched..

by royowen

Christ's body etched with Holy care,
our sin to bear, soiled garment wear,
His riches left in Heaven's rest,
He bore the cost of Calvary's quest.

The lash cut deep through flesh to bone,
all sickness fell on Him alone,
our sin and pain were borne by Him,
the whip tore flesh at cruelty's whim.

For love compelled, this road to take,
such horror faced, so He could make,
this contract in His blood He signed,
to rescue us, our hearts to find.

Eternal vows, He's made to me,
to Him I'm bound from fetters free,
in Jesus' blood, His Father's creed,
our union sealed, God guaranteed.





Recognized


I was going to put the Mel Gibson directed film the "passion"image, but sensitivities didn't allow, so here's a much softer version. Thanks to google images.
When Christ was lowered from the cross, scripture describes Jesus, as being lain in a borrowed tomb, there He lay for three days, then arose, an angel rolled the stone away, When Christ appeared to first, Mary Magdelene, then to His disciples on the road to Emmaus He was unrecognised, not immediately, but after that their eyes were opened, and then they recognised Him. The Lord will wear His scars as an adornment throughout eternity, to remind us, who loves us beyond measure! There's more evidence of Christ's birth, life, death and resurrection than any historical figure, and yet, there's more speculation, controversy, and guess work than anybody, why? You tell me!
Isaiah 53:4-6 "Surely He has borne our infirmities, and carried our diseases; yet we accounted Him stricken, struck by God and afflicted. But He was wounded for our transgressions, bruised for ou iniquities; upon Him was the punishment that made us whole, and by His bruises we are healed.
All we like sheep have gone astray; we have all turned to our own way, and the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all." NIV.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. royowen All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
royowen has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.