Reading Up Next: Skip This One

 Fantasy Fan Fiction posted November 28, 2014


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Flash fiction

Honeymoon climb

by MCLII1987

Out of all the things we could have been doing together she had to choose this. I should have just been happy to be with her and I was, but at the same time I was wore out to the core.

Because the one thing she wanted to do more than anything was go hiking up the mountains west of the north shore, so that’s what we did. She was ahead of me and tearing at the mountains like a ferocious tiger.

While I was covered in sweat and lagging behind her. My muscles ached. I could barely pull myself up the rope and hated trying to climb the mountain, but I was doing it for her.

All of the sudden it started raining hard and the mountain turned into a mudslide. We ran for the nearest cave. My new wife and I huddled together inside. She took a glow stick out and broke it for light. As I started going through my pack I had very few items in there just like she did in hers.

I remember when I tried packing for our trip the first time. I put everything that I bought at the camping store in it and it was so heavy that it knocked me down. So both of our final packs only contained a few items.

We had no cell phone service. As we wrapped ourselves in emergency blankets and ate our MRE’s. I sat off the emergency transponder. Thankfully the next day a rescue crew came looking for us when we did not make it back to our hotel on time.   


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. MCLII1987 All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
MCLII1987 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.