General Non-Fiction posted November 28, 2014


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Final Chritmas gift to as friend/

Marie And The White Limo

by patcelaw














Marie And The White Limo

After we moved into our new home we bought an airline ticket for our dear friend Marie whom we had known in California for many years. Marie was suffering from lung cancer.

When Marie was younger she and her husband divorced. With the divorce her life became a struggle as she had two small girls. Marie lived on a shoestring budget most of the time. She worked hard doing odd jobs to provide for her family. She never had money for some of the luxuries in life and Wayne and I felt it would be nice to fly her to New Mexico for a visit. It was the first part of December and Marie was becoming more ill with each passing day. We picked Marie up from the International airport in El Paso, Texas and brought her to our home.
Marie spend about a week with us. We were able to catch up on the time since we had last seen each other. We all had a delightful time, went many places and saw some of the sights in Las Cruces, that Marie had not seen.

At the end of the visit Wayne called a limousine company and ordered a white stretch limo to arrive at our home early in the morning when Marie was to take her return flight to California. The limo arrived an Marie said, "What is the limo doing here?"

Wayne replied, "Marie that is what we wanted as a Christmas gift for you. The limo will be taking you to the airport in El Paso."

Marie, Wayne and I got into the limo for the ride to the airport and is was a pleasure to see the big smiles on Marie's face as we rode along.

Marie arrived back in California in late December just before Christmas with her daughters. As it turned out Marie died from the lung cancer on January 10th, 1991.
So Wayne an I were so grateful we could be a bright spot in the life of a dear friend.

That trip was a rose garden, rose, but Marie's death was a thorn experience.


 




My hubby and I loved doing things for those who could in no possible way give us anything in return.
Photo Google Image
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. patcelaw All rights reserved.
patcelaw has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.