Humor Non-Fiction posted November 9, 2014 Chapters:  ...11 12 -13- 14... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Something a lady at work gave me back in the 90's.

A chapter in the book Geoffrey's Musings.

Whinging* Tablets

by Sankey


THE FOLLOWING WAS GIVEN TO ME BY A FELLOW STAFF MEMBER AT MY WORK IN THE PUBLIC SERVICE, HERE IN AUSTRALIA.

I GUESS YOU FIGURED OUT I WAS THOUGHT OF AS A BIT OF A WHINGER(*American..Whiners ok).

Label on bottle: WHINGERS(American..Whiners ok*)TABLETS:

- SPECIALLY FORMULATED TO SUPPRESS *WHINGES REGARDING:
THE WEATHER,
THE BOSS,
BEING OVERWORKED AND UNDERPAID
INTEREST RATES,
THE COST OF(SYDNEY) HOUSING,
THE GOVERNMENT, or
SPOUSES AND INLAWS.

DOSAGE: AT THE FIRST SIGN OF A WHINGE*

TAKE TWO TABLETS-

REPEATING EVERY FEW MINUTES
TILL SMILING RE-COMMENCES.

(contents of whinging* tablet bottle can be Jaffas, Smarties, M&M's or Jelly beans or as pictured above fruit Mentos...pretty big; only one at a time please!)

Geoff Moore (Sankey)The Whinger. (Whiner in Uncle Sam Land.)



Recognized


I got a real laugh out of this needed to share here for you all. I decided this needed another 'airing' as in more recent days, I have found it more necessary to do more 'whinging.' There is a saying and I like it as I guess I qualify...."The squeaky wheel gets the oil!" I am not sure what the custom is in America. However, in Australia, even though we have far less competition and options to choose whom we patronise - the tendency is, if not satisfied with service at an establishment - rather than 'whinge*' - to take our business elsewhere. I guess I am a bit out of the ordinary. In recent days with the new 'ALDI' company in Australia, I have found myself whinging* more. The good thing about ALDI, unlike some traders, is they are quite happy to refund on return, or replace an unsatisfactory item. Turns out also they are giving our two major Supermarkets a bit of a hiding, as are more of the newer American and even English traders setting up branches in Australia.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Sankey All rights reserved.
Sankey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.