Reading Up Next: Skip This One

 General Fiction posted October 31, 2014


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Essay about mothers

Mother, From Her Head To Soles

by patcelaw





























God gave us a mother and gave her wonderful features. He gave her tresses of blonde, red, brown and black. As children we love to caress her hair, to feel the silkiness of it and to smell the lingering scent of her shampoo.

Under that hair God gave her a brain that is able to expound to us the truths of life we need. She uses her brain to tell us of the wonders of life.

Just below her brain, He gave her two eyes with which she is able to see the wonders of life and see the beauty of her children so she can thank God for the blessings of life.

Next He gave her two ears with which to hear the cries of her children and know when they need help. She also uses these ears to listen to us say our first words, hear our laughter and hear about our dreams.

He gave her a nose so she can smell things and know the signals of danger, the smell of the baby powder she uses on our bottoms and the fragrances of the flowers we pick from the garden to surprise her.

He gave her a mouth and a voice so she can tell us of the love she has for us and the love she has for God. She will be careful with the words she speaks to us and make sure they are words that will help and not cause us pain. He gave her a voice with which she can sing us lullabies and sing her favorite hymns about her love for God.

He gave her a neck so we will have a place to wrap our arms.

He gave her shoulders so we will have a soft place to fall and express the things that distress us from time to time.

He gave her a tender heart that swells with pride as we do what is right and almost breaks as we chose to do that which is wrong.

He gave her arms with which she can hold us and let us know that she loves us.

He gave her hands with which she can sew us clothes, make our food, and caress our faces. Her touch most of the time will be tender, but there will be times when she must be firm with her hands for our good.

He gave her a lap into which we can crawl when we need comforting.

He gave her knees so she can get down on our level and play childhood games.

He gave her feet with which she can come to us to care for our every need.

So when we think of our mothers let's remember that she was wonderfully put together by our loving God, and remember to praise her every day not just on Mothers Day.

-Patricia Lawrence



Recognized


I wrote this as a reading to do for Mother's Day at church several years ago.
The photo is of my daughters when they were little.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. patcelaw All rights reserved.
patcelaw has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.