Reading Up Next: Skip This One

 Biographical Fiction posted September 30, 2014


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Struggle to have a baby and finally on Christmas Day

Her First Christmas Doll

by patcelaw














Her First Christmas Doll


Life had been a struggle for Celeste all her life and she finally found the love of her life. She longed to have children after having to give up a child several years before. She continued to struggle as she miscarried 3 babies. Her life seemed as though it was falling apart and she wondered if her dreams of motherhood would ever be realized.

Celeste had become a Christian shortly after her marriage to Eugene and life seemed good. Eugene was so patient and good for Celeste and he kept encouraging her not to give up. He would hold her in his arms and say, "Honey you are so special and I never want you to forget that."
Celeste would just smile and say, "I love you too."

"Even though we are going through this now, In time God is going to bless us with a baby,"
"Oh, Eugene, this whole ordeal of losing three babies is difficult."

"I love you so much, I love the way you walk and the way you talk."

Busying herself day after day Celeste wanted to make a loving home for her darling husband.

Finally after the 3 miscarriages she got pregnant again and things went well this time. As her belly swelled with a child she grew more and more excited about the birt of her child. She spent hours making clothes, readying the nursery and keeping up with the work around her home.

Christmas was coming and her baby was due the first part of January. Her doctor told her everything was going well.

In late November her grandmother died and she and Eugene had to fly many miles to the funeral. She was getting so large and on the long flight home, her legs swelled. When she got on the flight to go back home, the flight attendants ask her to be seated for take off then they came and got her and had her sit in the rear of the plane. They put her feet up on suitcases to the help reduce the swelling.

There was no way they were wanting Celeste to go into labor on the flight. The pilot called ahead to the airport to let them know to have a wheelchair waiting for her. She felt like a queen, but her loving Eugene had already communicated that to her.

They arrived home safely the first week in December and Celeste was getting more excited about the arrival of her precious bundle of joy. Time seemed to drag those final weeks. Then on Christmas Eve she went into labor and Eugene took her to the hospital, but the labor stopped and she was sent home. So she and Eugene decided to open the gifts they had gotten for each other. The best gift for Celeste was a lovely makeup mirror.

The next morning again Celeste begin to have labor pains. Again she went to the hospital where they kept her. Her doctor came in to examine her and said she would be having the baby that day. Eugene sat in the labor room with Celeste and held her hand and with each pain she had, it was as though Eugene could almost feel her pain and he grew white, so Celeste asked him to leave the room because she feared he might pass out.

Labor progressed slowly and the doctor wanted to spend part of his Christmas day with his family, so he told the nurses to induce labor.

But before the nurses could do this the doctor said, "I want to examine her one more time. On examination he found that Celeste had another bag of water so he broke the bag and the baby made a rapid arrival into the world. Within minutes Celeste had a darling little girl baby. As a child Celeste didn't like playing with dolls, but this was one Christmas she felt blessed to have, a real live baby doll.

About 1 week later Celeste took Penny her baby girl to her doctor and the doctor told her that his 3 patients who were due to have babies in January ruined his Christmas Day as all had their babies on Christmas Day, the first at about 8AM, then Penny was born in the early afternoon and the final mother had her baby about 8 PM. Celeste told the doctor that maybe the reason all the mothers had their babies on Christmas Day was because his name was Dr. Klassen. (Pronounced like Claus)

Sometimes the best Christmas gifts come wrapped in pink blankets, it was for Celeste that Christmas. Celeste enjoyed being a mother and now enjoys being a grand mother and great grand mother.
-Patricia Lawrence




Because of the 13 year difference in their ages, Celeste and Eugene wanted to start their family soon and were met with disappointment as Celeste had 3 miscarriages the first year of marriage.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. patcelaw All rights reserved.
patcelaw has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.