Spiritual Non-Fiction posted September 15, 2014


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
The Bible unfolds like a scroll or story. Read accordingly

I Wonder Why I Don't Get it

by Deniz22


There's a story of a man who came to prayer meeting every Wednesday night. Invariably, he would eventually pray, "O Lord, clear away these cobwebs, please clear away these cobwebs."

After a year of this, one old Deacon could stand it no longer. He rose to his feet and prayed, "Oh Lord, kill the spider!"




Many people get their spiritual eyes open by encountering Jesus in the Gospels. In order to grow in our understanding we should keep reading the whole Bible. Many puzzles are solved and lots of questions answered by simply reading the whole Book. Start at the beginning and work your way through. There are many bible reading programs for systematic daily readings that will help you read it thru in a year. "Oh the things you'll see, the places you will go!"
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Deniz22 All rights reserved.
Deniz22 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.