Children Fiction posted September 12, 2014


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
There's a wedding on the farm

Super Pig and the Wedding

by Roxanna Andrews


Pinky sat under the old apple tree and wondered what was happening on the Farm. Her curly tail wagged as she felt the excitement in the air. Something special was happening.

Pinky walked around the house to the big, grass covered backyard. White chairs had been set up in neat rows, and flower petals were scattered down the center aisle. Pinky put her snout in them, took a deep breath and was about to take a bite when she heard Mr. Farmer yell, "Get out of those flower petals Pinky! They're for the wedding." He shooed her away and she ran for the barn.

"What's the matter with you?" asked Chrissy Cow, when Pinky ran into the barn.

"There are flower petals all over the backyard and when I smelled them, Mr. Farmer shooed me away. He said they were for the 'wedding.' What's a 'wedding'?" Pinky looked from Chrissy to Corine Milk Cow, hoping for an answer.

"Well," said Corine, "I have heard of weddings. I'm not sure what it means but there's always lots of people, music, food, and cake, I like cake." The little cow pushed her stall door open with her nose.

"Where are you going?" asked Chrissy.

"I'm going to see if there is any cake." The little cow put her nose in the air, hoping to smell out the cake.

Chrissy and Pinky followed her as she made her way around the house to the backyard. The animals peeked around the corner and watched.

"I've never seen anything like this before," Pinky said, as she gazed at the decorated backyard. Everything looked so beautiful.

Pinky heard a car door shut and went to investigate. Emily, the Farmers granddaughter, and her best friend, Megan, were walking up the driveway. Pinky ran to greet them.

"Pinky!" Emily said, petting the little pig. "How are you girl? Did you know today is my wedding? Do you remember Roger? Don't you think he's wonderful? I'm marrying him today."

Emily gave Pinky a final pat and she and Megan disappeared into the house.

"It's Emily's wedding!" Pinky told the two cows. "She's getting married to Roger today.'

"This is a very important day," thought Pinky. "I'd better put on my costume."

THIS WAS A JOB FOR SUPER PIG!

"What's happening Super Pig?" asked Nadine Duck as all the little ducklings gathered around her.

"This is a very important day. Emily and Roger are having a wedding today," announced Super Pig.

"Wow," the ducklings said together, eyes wide with awe even though they had no idea what a 'wedding' was.

"Everyone must be on their very best behavior," Super Pig ordered.

"Oh yes," the ducklings said. "We'll be extra good today."

Timmy Tomcat lay under the farmhouse porch listening to Super Pig. "That pig thinks she can tell everyone what to do," he grumbled. "We'll just see about that," Timmy Tomcat thought with a mischievous grin.

After Super Pig had gone, Timmy Tomcat came out from under the porch and silently made his way to the backyard where he climbed up the big oak tree and waited.

Super Pig stationed herself by the farmhouse back door after assuring herself all was well on the farm and watched the guests arrive.

Soon music began to play and the groom, with his groomsmen and the minister, came out and stood in front of the guests. The door opened again and the bridesmaids lined up to walk down the aisle. Megan saw Super Pig in her cape and mask and smiled.

"Did you get dressed up for the wedding?" she asked as she bent to pet the little pig.

When the door opened again, Emily came out in a beautiful long, white dress. Super Pig stared at her as her father escorted her down the aisle to her waiting groom.

Super Pig moved closer to get a better view of the ceremony.

As Emily and Roger faced each other to say their vows, a paw come down from a tree branch and tried to grab Emily's veil as it blew in the breeze.

Super Pig held her breath as she watched the paw dart out from the tree limb. She knew it was Timmy Tomcat. She should have found that cat and given him a good talking to. She should have known he'd try something like this.

The guests had seen the paw and were beginning to laugh. Super Pig had to do something before Timmy Tomcat ruined Emily's wedding.

The paw shot out again, this time snagging a piece of the veil. Emily let out a squeal and Super Pig charged up the center aisle. Roger grabbed the tomcat, prying it's paw loose from the veil. Timmy Tomcat let out a yowl, climbed over Roger's shoulder and ran down the aisle with Super Pig in hot pursuit.

"Well, that was just a little extra entertainment for you folks," the minister told the laughing guests and continued on with the wedding ceremony.

Super Pig chased Timmy Tomcat under the porch and began lecturing the hapless cat. "Timmy Tomcat you are in so much trouble. You had better not come out of there for a month," said the unhappy Super Hero.

Timmy Tomcat stayed under the porch for a long time, watching the reception taking place in the front barnyard under the old apple tree.

Super Pig and the other animals watched from the barn as the newly weds had their first dance as husband and wife. The bride smiled at the little pig from over her grooms shoulder. Super Pig 'oinked' in response, happy that all had ended well.



Recognized


I just wrote this for fun inspired by my niece's wedding this week. The picture is from the wedding. It was very beautiful and fun.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Roxanna Andrews All rights reserved.
Roxanna Andrews has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.