Mystery and Crime Fiction posted August 26, 2014


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Short Story

Wedding Day Bliss

by michaelcahill

Assassinate Me A Thriller! Contest Winner 

The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.












It turned heads when Senorita Lourdes Fortunada Chingas walked the aisle into the waiting arms of Hector 'Bloody Hands' Hellvatio. Louie, her nickname, caused many a fender bender with her heart stopping beauty. Hector brought the word 'repulsive' to mind on many levels. He resembled a ground sloth in shape as well as facial features. His reputation as a brutal assassin and drug lord was known locally and well earned. He made no secret of his exploits and enjoyed telling his horrific anecdotes to any who would listen.
 
His new bride, twenty-five years his junior, claimed to love him.
 
"I'm so happy, honey." Louie smiled.
 
"I have everything dreamed of here in my arms." Hector cooed.
 
Louie smiled. "Tell me about the family in Tecate who had the nerve to insult you. I love the power you bring to bear when wronged. That is why I feel safe."
 
Hector smiled. "Few understand that brutality and acts of cruelty send a message. 'Do not cross me- this is what happens', that they remember."
 
He began. "Francisco Salazar owned a small farm in Tecate. He was poor, but made do. He grew tobacco on his small plot and sold it to vendors in Tijuana nearby. His wife made silver and turquoise jewelry, peddling it in Tijuana to Americans pouring over the border for a cheap thrill."
 
"Did his daughters help?" Louie knew the answer.
 
Hector laughed. "Yes, what choice? They worked the fields and walked the streets hawking their mother's trinkets, looking poor and needy. They knew how to beg and look pathetic for the Americans. Well, I asked if I might use part of his land to grow some marijuana. I'd pay a handsome fee, of course, to help. He told me to go to hell. Can you imagine? I didn't care for that. It would make me look bad to allow it. I tore him to shreds with my bare hands. I put him on their cheap couch and waited for his wife and girls to return. I laughed when his wife saw her pathetic husband ripped to shreds. In moments, she sat beside him unrecognizable. The daughters watched. I grabbed the older girl telling the younger one, "This is what happens to anyone crossing Hector Hellvatio." I ripped her limbs off one at a time, then her head. I said, "See? You live. I'm not such a bad guy. You won't forget me, will you?"
 
Louie laughed. "I love that story. You've everything you want now?"
 
Hector smiled. He imagined their first night together. It would be tonight. He knew the wait would be worth it. The world and everything in it is mine. "I do."
 
Louie pulled a pistol from her purse and placed it by his temple. "So did my father. I wanted to make sure that I took from you every dream you ever had. See? The little girl never did forget, bastardo!"
 
Now, it is all mine… Mrs. Hellvatio. Viva Salazar!

 


Writing Prompt
In 500 words or less, write a thriller (or/and horror) prose involving an assassin/assassination or hitman/hitwoman. No poetry or script, please. Be creative and have fun! :)

Assassinate Me A Thriller!
Contest Winner

Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. michaelcahill All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
michaelcahill has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.