Reading Up Next: Skip This One

 Satire Fiction posted August 23, 2014


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Denglish #4. Seeking to shape English to save it

Denglish for FanStory

by Deniz22




FanStory has a need for some new words that capture the nuances of this site so dear to the heart of us scribbling scribes.So here's some proposals; feel free to add your own.

1. Reviewenge: this is a review given to someone who has given you an undeserved 3 star review. Its object is not so much to help the poor wretch write better, but to correct his/her lousy attitude. Imagine! Giving YOU a three! See how he/she likes a two!

2. Spagowitch: This is your name for the spag Nazi who misses the fact that you have just poured out your heart about any number of life issues. Perhaps a lost love, death of a loved one, regrets for errors of the past, a cry for help...it makes no difference to the Spagowitch (male or female), you misplaced an apostrophe and littered your work with commas. It's a two star deal for you! Now snap out of it!

3. Nocomprehenviewer: You get an effusive review and a sixer with regrets that there are no tens. You are lapping up the well-deserved praise and getting ready to nominate this reviewer for REVIEWER OF THE YEAR, when you suddenly realize that she/he has hastily misread one of your most important points. A closer examination reveals that missing that pivotal incident has cast a whole new meaning on everything. Could it be...no, perish the thought...this reviewer is rushing through material because she is only in it for the MONEY?

4. Nocontactoviewer: You read a long rant against the writer's family in which she/he clearly points out the personal injustices she has suffered at the hands of all her kin. Having followed her funny, albeit often quirky writings for a while, you just know that some of the blame for her ruptured relationships have to fit squarely on her own shoulders. You tell her so, as she has often said how much she appreciates honesty. Your next communique from her comes through Tom, who warns and restricts.

5. Maturorelalviewer; You share an understanding with this writer as you review each other's efforts. Perhaps you have traveled some rocky roads of relationship and endured a few bumps, but you stuck it out, and now you trust each other. You believe this person will really read your work, hear what you are trying to express, and then suggest ways that you might do just that, more effectively. These relationships make FanStory work and are worth working towards.

Of course, if they suddenly go bad, there's always Reviewenge! :)



Recognized


Any resemblance to any FS writer is ...sorry, computer just went down! :)
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Deniz22 All rights reserved.
Deniz22 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.