Horror and Thriller Poetry posted August 11, 2014


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A (Gothic) Senryu contest entry

Senryu (spindly spider twerks)

by Dean Kuch

Write a Senryu Contest Winner 

~~~~~~~ † ~~~~~~~



Spindly spider twerks —
 

for femme fatale's affection.

 

A tacky affair.




~~~~~  photo SmBatwingskullgif_zps40d41cfa.jpg ~~~~~



Writing Prompt
The challenge for this prompt is to write a senryu.

Write a Senryu
Contest Winner

Recognized


Miley Cyrus may have made "twerking" a household word, but male black widow spiders are the real masters of the rump-jiggling dance move. These arachnids twerk their abdomens to avoid getting eaten by potential mates.
The vibrations caused by the male spider's twerking travel along the females' webs, alerting the females to the presence of a potential mate.

Many men get involved in tacky affairs of their own, and no good ever becomes of them. Lured like an insect into her lair, the web of deceit one is required to spin in such an extra-marital affair to stay out of trouble is a tacky web indeed. At times, it can seem overwhelming, and rightly so. Oft times, it's a tricky, sticky situation.

No males were harmed in the making of this senryu...

As always, thanks for reading!
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Dean Kuch All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Dean Kuch has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.