Humor Poetry posted August 3, 2014 Chapters:  ...13 14 -15- 16... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Pat on the back for a great mate!

A chapter in the book Rants, Raves and Tributes

Mikey, I Likey, By Krikey

by Sankey

A good friend on FS was Mikey

Made lots of suggestions I likey

We all wanted improvement

In this FS movement

And Mikey's were best here

By Krikey!


He's not a 'Redneck'

But assuredly Yankee

Upset his pets

He'll most likely

Get cranky


Disparage 'The Bard'

He might take it hard

If you look really hard

The Bard's In

His Yard


Read what he writes

You won't get no frights

There's many a poem

Where he'll

Most likely 'roem*'


He'll go off in a paddock

But won't find no Haddock

Some verses are 'quirky'

Not usually jerky

But he'll serve no turkey

To you.


The thing with Michael Cahill

Is - he'll get you up on a hill

With wit and wisdom

Far beyond his years.


He's such a handsome chap

and always worth a clap

Coz his writings will be

music in your ears.




Recognized


Putting this up one more time again now several years after his passing, and I believe probably tomorrow in USA would have been the late Michael Cahill's birthday as I got a notice today in Australia (always a day early on Facebook as Fb has no concept of time diffs..in memory of this great FS friend now gone home to Glory. Some newer members would have loved to know Michael Cahill I hope his account has been preserved in here. I was inspired to write this from Mikey's story about suggestions of improvement for this web site. I totally agree with all his suggestions. He was the other "trouble maker."
Thanks to helv2 from Fan Art for his photo Muskrat Home Improvement. By Krikey is a popular anachronism of a lesser acceptable exclamation popular in Australia at least, anyway. Apologies for the spelling. Have now added some more *roem (forgive the spelling ok) refers to Mikey and mine too...tendency to go off on tangents; Haddock* not sure if you have Haddock (breed of fish) in USA commonly in the UK I believe. Short extra note: In some of the rhyme readers from outside USA may not understand the name "Cahill" in most USA places is pronounced "K-Hill." If you do not know to whom this poem refers look for Michael Cahill's profile. We will miss you greatly dear friend. See you in Glory someday soon!
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by helvi2 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Sankey All rights reserved.
Sankey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.