General Fiction posted July 27, 2014


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
part 4 of 5

The Exchange Part 4

by lancellot


Feeling as she if she had saved not just one life, but two, Julia headed out. In a basket by the door she reached for Trina’s keys and saw a black Exchange card.

“Of course she has one too.” She slipped the card into her pocket, took one last look around, and then walked into a world of trouble.

 
Part 4
 
From the moment Julia stepped onto the sidewalk she felt like a lone woman on a football team. She clutched Trina’s purse to her body and nearly strained the poor woman’s neck as she swiveled her head around at each person who passed her by. After two blocks her good sense caught up with her fear when she saw her reflection in a window. She slowly realized that she/Trina blended in perfectly.

Just act normal, just act normal, and this day will be easy as frying chicken. Ha! With a hungry husband and two kids, I know how to cook.
***

After four hours, Julia was covered in flour, her hair was soaked in sweat, and she smelled so much like chicken, she swore she could lay an egg.

“Girl, you’re moving around like you’re either constipated or drunk. Since I don’t smell no liquor on you, that kind of narrows it down,” Franklin said, and laughed at what only he thought was funny.

Julia grinned at the old man, and dropped another load of wings into the fryer. She thought things were going okay, and actually enjoyed working. Several times she wondered if she had enough time to enroll Trina in Junior college. She was obviously well liked by her co-workers, and at only twenty-one young enough begin a real career.

“Trina, old-ass, forgetful ass, Frankie didn’t bring out enough bread, can you get some from the storeroom?” asked Kianna, apparently Trina’s best friend and team leader. “You can go on break after that, and clean up. You look like you’ve been fucking the Pillsbury Dough Man.”

“Yeah, and he seems to like anal,” Julia added still sore from last night.

“Girl, don’t they all. A man ain’t never seen a hole, he wouldn’t try shoving his dick in.”

Julia laughed all the way to the storeroom. She was searching for the bread when she heard yelling.

“Trina. Where’s Trina? That bitch had better come out,” a man’s voice thundered.

Not remembering her name, Julia ignored it and continued to search for the bread. She looked up when Kianna entered the room.

“Girl, your crazy-ass babby-daddy here, and he ain’t happy,” Kianna said, with her hand on her hip.

Julia stared at the woman in complete confusion. “My what?”

“Tyrone…your thuggish mistake with the big dick you can’t live without.”

“Big…oh!” Julia instantly remembered the anal pounding she/Trina had received when they switched. Her heart sped up at the thought of feeling his passion when she was awake and fully in control of Trina’s body. “Okay, I’ll take care of him.”

Julia walked into the dining room with a smile on her face, and moisture in her loins. She didn’t know what Tyrone looked like, but the large angry black man striding towards her was a good clue.

The look on his face cut through any sexual thrill she had and made her take a step back.

“Ty…Tyrone,” she stuttered.

Without a word his large hands shot forward, and wrapped around Julia’s neck. She felt her breath cut off, and pressure building in her head as he lifted her off her feet. Like a child in an adult’s grasp, she clawed at his wrist as he pulled her face close to his.

“Where… is… my… shit? And don’t even fuck with me, like you don’t know what I’m talking about,” he yelled as spittle peppered her face. “Tell me!” he roared.

Unable to speak, Julia soundlessly moved her lips. She saw dark spots crowd the corners of her vision and felt her strength fade.

Tyrone, not getting an answer must have realized he was preventing Trina from speaking. “Shit.” He opened his hands, and small woman dropped to the floor like a broken doll.

“No…not in my place. Are you out your god damn mind? You take that crap outside.” Through a curtain of tears, Julia saw Franklin rush up to Tyrone, and the big man turned towards her boss.

“She took my shit, Frank, or moved it, or something. I don’t know, but if I have to beat her ass again, she’s going to learn to respect my motherfucking space.”

As Tyrone argued with Franklin, Julia quietly, and unseen, crawled back to the storeroom. Once inside she quickly locked herself in.  Struggling to remain calm, she spotted a phone on the wall and grabbed it. Her finger shook terribly, but she managed to dial the three magic numbers that saved lives.

Chicago Police, please state the nature of your emergency.”

“He’s trying to kill me,” Julia croaked.

Who…who’s trying to…”

Just then a loud boom rocked the storeroom, and the double doors shook on their hinges.

“Open the door, bitch,” Tyrone yelled, and repeatedly kicked the door.

“He’s trying to get in. Do you hear him?”

Yes, mam, I hear him. Keep the door locked. I have a car in the area and help is on the way.”

“Hurry, I’m at Harold’s Chicken Shack. I don’t know the address. Oh God, I don’t know it.”

“That’s okay. I have you on caller ID. Just stay calm, a car is almost there.”

Julia didn’t hear the rest. She covered her ears with her hands, and sank down to the floor as Tyrone continued pounding on the doors.

Just when she feared the doors would cave in, the pounding stopped. Rocking back and forth on the floor, Julia stared at her shoes through tear filled eyes. “Home, home, I want to go home,” she repeated in the silence of the room.

“Trina?” Kianna called through the door. “Baby, open the door. It’s okay, the police are here. Trina, honey, please come out.”

Julia cared nothing for Kianna, but she knew the police meant safety, and way out of her nightmare. She opened the doors, and looked out at two police officers, a handcuffed Tyrone and a group of people recording everything with their cell phones.

Things happened quickly after that, and Julia felt as if she were watching someone else on TV. She didn’t snap back into reality until an officer slipped a pen into her hand.

“Just sign this complaint, and we’ll charge him with domestic assault. That’s enough to violate his probation on Wednesday. Unless someone bails him out, he’ll sit in county until his hearing.”

“Wednesday?” Julia asked, knowing she would be long gone. “Would Trina…I mean, would I have to show?”

“Not if you sign the complaint, the state will press charges in a domestic assault case. Add to that the video from these cameras, and you won’t be seeing this guy for a while.”

That was all Julia needed to hear. She was about to sign her name, and then remembered to write Trina’s name. As she signed the complaint, Tyrone glared at her from the back of the police car.

“Trina. Don’t do this girl. You know I wasn’t trying to hurt you. Trina.” Julia glared at the man, and then gave him the finger. “Bitch…fucking bitch; I’m going to kick your ass when I get out.”

Julia turned away from the car, and walked back into the restaurant.

“Trina.” Kianna walked up to her and placed a caring hand on her shoulder. “Are you sure about pressing charges? He is your baby…” She stopped and stared into Trina’s eyes. “Okay, you go home, and take tomorrow off too. I’ll call you tomorrow. You do have your cell phone, right?””

Julia patted her pocket and felt Trina’s Cell that she forgot she had. Shaking her head she walked out thinking that she had survived the worst, and could now relax until her time was up.

At least that’s what she thought.




I know I said only four parts, but the story took a life of its own. It done now, with five parts and a short epilogue, but I can't post again until tomorrow.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. lancellot All rights reserved.
lancellot has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.