General Flash Fiction posted February 9, 2014


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
flash fiction 100-150 word story

A Continental Breakfast

by michaelcahill

100 Word Story Contest Winner 












I switch on the light. I wolf down an early breakfast. The sun has yet to rise. A rock comes crashing through the sliding glass door, barely missing my head. That is the signal. I check the clock. It is 5:41am. I grab my phone and call my wife.
 
"Honey, please call me. I'm worried about you. You haven't returned my calls. Love you. Bye."
 
I walk into the backyard and kick the kitchen door in. I flip the kitchen table over. I plunge the carving knife between my sixth and seventh rib at a downward angle. It hurts more than I anticipated. I call 911.
 
"Someone broke into my house and stabbed me. They got my wallet. Hurry, I think I'm dying."

My wife is dead. I'll live. My girlfriend should be in Mazatlán waiting.

I have always been more clever than the other children.


Writing Prompt
Write a story that is between 100 and 150 words. The trick is you must use the following words: breakfast, light, rock, phone, clock

100 Word Story
Contest Winner

Recognized


146 words. the following words must appear in the story: breakfast, light, rock, phone, clock. I used them all in the first paragraph. A perfect little crime.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. michaelcahill All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
michaelcahill has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.