Satire Non-Fiction posted February 8, 2014


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Liar! Liar! False Prophet for hire!

The Bennys of Christianity

by Deniz22












True confession; I watched TV "Evangelist" Benny Hinn tonight on DayStar. He seemed happy, so I guess his remarriage to his recently divorced wife is going well. Some say that this remarriage is really for financial reasons, but I know it's love. I can feel it in my spirit.

Woops! That's Benny's line..see how easily I'm influenced by a charming smile and a positive approach to fall into error? Glad most Christians are more discerning than that...but Benny did have some marvelous things to say tonight.

He likened the famous "woman's intuition" to the Holy Spirit speaking directly to Christians. Some of the sisters in the audience really liked that, nodding their heads, clapping their hands and even amening.

That Benny; he's fearless, saying stuff like that, not knowing if the ladies would like it.

I'm glad to know that I can cut down on reading the Bible because Benny told me, in his own words, that the Spirit talks right to us, directly.

I know He does to Benny, 'cause what he said tonight, I couldn't find in the Bible. It was really amazing! He said that because of God's favor (which Benny was really big on tonight) the Roman government couldn't keep Peter in prison!

I guess this must have really ticked off the Romans because later, they killed Peter. Benny didn't mention that part.



Recognized


Guys like this will be more severely judged by God in the next life than the worst of men who make no pretense of faith.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Deniz22 All rights reserved.
Deniz22 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.