Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted January 1, 2014


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Happy Birthday Miss Evelyn

A Literary Star, A Spectacular Woman

by Spiritual Echo

Evelyn Fort Stewart came out of nowhere, joining the FanStory community less than one year ago. I stumbled over her stories by accident.

It was one of those days when I felt like I had nothing to say, and my fingers seemed paralysed, incapable of finding their way to the keyboard. I began trolling past the front page looking for something to inspire or at the very least, pull me out of my apathy. When I finished reading one of the early chapters of Evelyn's book, I was smiling. The horrors of her marriage and the abuse that entrapped her in a relationship that spanned three decades had not yet surfaced. My smile came as a result of the tone and chatter-style prose that flowed across the page. Miss Evelyn is a natural storyteller. It took some time before my curiosity steered me to this writer's profile. I was stunned to discover I was reading the words of an eighty-six-year-old woman.

Evelyn is not an old woman. She is an ageless, spirited lady who, in writing her book, 'Behind Closed Doors,' peeled back the skins and layers of her heart and spoke to every woman and every man who has loved a damaged soul. She has catalogued her journey with her personal experiences. Remarkably, the one thing you won't find in her book is self-pity.

As a woman of deep faith, she will respond to every review with 'God loves you and so do I," but she does not preach. She lives Christianity with an abiding belief that God will guide her to where she must go.

I am amazed that a woman born in 1927, just ten years after the suffragette movement succeeded in securing the vote for women, sits at a keyboard of a computer. Not only did she take up writing at an advanced age, but has climbed to the top of FanStory's ranked authors. She is the number one author in short works for 2013 with over one hundred fans.

My heartfelt congratulations, Miss Evelyn, for your spectacular accomplishment at FanStory, and a sincere wish that the day of your eighty-seventh birthday is filled with love and laughter.



Evelyn Stewart's 87th Birthday Gift writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a short story. The topic is: > Miss Evelyn's 87th Birthday<. Minimum length 100 words. Maximum Length 500 words.

Recognized


To send your own letters of congratulation to Miss Evelyn, either join one of the two open prompts or contact Janie King by PM to be included in the presentation that will be given to Evelyn January 12th from her FanStory friends.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Spiritual Echo All rights reserved.
Spiritual Echo has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.