Mystery and Crime Non-Fiction posted December 28, 2013


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A treatise on existance

Not Posting Tonight?

by michaelcahill















"But, honey, I have to post something."

"Yes, I realize I haven't been home all day and that I am using "I" way to much but, I am not concentrating on what I am supposed to do because I have nothing that I can post."

"They are expecting the eloquence of alliteratedly executed exquisiteness from me. You know that."

Okay, now…….hmmmmm. She is asleep and I am alone. Loneliness surrounds me as my pen looks longingly at me. It is my one true friend. My lover if you will. Its ink the blood that flows hot into my soul and becomes one with the ideas that are my corpuscles. No, too deep. This is Friday night. Date night. No one wants to read about angst on date night.

Ignore that. Ignore that though that is what gnaws at the sinews of the limbs that you chew so eagerly as you ignore the stench of victory bespoiled by deceit. But, is it deceit if the lie is known before it is spoken? How can it truly be deceit, if you know that it is a lie? Are you not at least to thine own self be being truthful?  

Shakespeare, once was so besotted that he couldn't pronounce iambic pentameter. He then had a vision of the future and suffered a hernia, while writing a sonnet, as he laughed, uncontrollably.

Medicine has advanced greatly, since the times of Shakespeare. My hernia was repaired, using a permanent mesh. There was shaving, and nurses were involved. And they say, I have meter problems.

I once drank too much vodka. Upon doing so, I decided that I needed more vodka. I entered my vehicle and backed out of my driveway and drove to the liquor store. As I parked in the back parking lot, I somehow managed to run over myself with my own car. Yes, I was run over by a drunk driver and it was me. There was a lady there that seemed quite concerned, having witnessed the unusual occurrence.

"Sir! Oh my God! Are you okay?"

"Sure. I'm just fine. I'm going in to buy a little bottle now."

I proceeded into the store and purchased my little bottle, got into my car and drove home.
I tell this little amusing anecdote on myself in case anyone is wondering, why I am not a particularly judgmental type person. I also would like you to feel better about yourself, in case you are feeling down this evening.

Finally, I would like to thank everyone for all of the support since I started here. It has only been since August of this year. I have learned so much and made some great friends. All kidding aside, I love this little oasis filled with my own kind. I feel more at home here than I have any place I have ever been. I am way behind in answering reviews and all of that stuff. I will catch up when these holidays pass by.

I hope everyone has a great New Year. Smiles and Hugs. mikey



Recognized


You are probably thinking. I bet he does this on all his posts. Just clicks on "write" and starts filling up the blank screen and then presses "Post". I never said I didn't. hahaha
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. michaelcahill All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
michaelcahill has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.