Essay Non-Fiction posted December 6, 2013


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Please try to participate

Common Sense

by Cogitator

Common Sense

"Wisdom begins with the definition of terms." Aristotle

What is this "Common Sense" we all speak of and why is it common? If we all have it, why do we not use it the same way to reach the same conclusions? Where does it come from and why do so many people choose to not use it? Common sense is the only element in our lives that tells us the truth. It is our intuition.

Human beings tend to forget they inhabit an animal form. We cannot possibly separate our animal body capabilities from any laws that govern all animal bodies. Animals usually have five physical senses with which to navigate what we call the "physical" world. For the animal world, (other than humans,) common sense is called instinct. Both intuition and instinct are the knowledge of being what we are. That knowledge is where truth resides.

"Truth is by nature self-evident. As soon as you remove the cobwebs of ignorance that surround it, it shines clear." Mahatma Gandhi

"I am the life-force power of the universe. I am the life-force power of the 50 trillion beautiful molecular geniuses that make up my form, at one with all that is." Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor

It is useless to try and teach those who do not want to learn. That doesn't make sense. The problem of today's society is not that the masses will not learn, but that those who understand do not take action. The masses truly are irrelevant because they have not yet risen above the animal level of nature. They can be sacrificed to society just like so many turkeys on Thanksgiving Day. In fact, that is what religion and politics aspire to do. They train these innocents like some complicated dog act to obey orders by instilling fear or promising treats. These victims ignore their Common Sense. They have either the unwillingness and/or the inability to find truth within the tuition they were created with. They do not even deserve pity. Those in power have known this for a long time. They use these ignoramuses to get elected into power. People that cannot or will not control their own thoughts and decisions may eventually wake up, but that is of no concern to the wise.

"The goal of education is the advancement of knowledge and the dissemination of truth". John F. Kennedy

"The only person who is educated is the one who has learned how to learn and change." Carl Rogers

Why people want to stop learning and changing is because of the ego's "comfort zone." Every living thing has a range of various measurements that monitor acceptable states for the organism to survive. We have blood pressure, body temperature, heartbeat and other ways of keeping our bodies in balance with the universe. If the current situation of apathy and ignorance for those in their comfort zone are not altered to harmonize with the truth, those that refuse to change will go the same way as other extinct species have gone. It is change and adapt or die.

The reason those in power don't care about the ignorant is that there is no such thing as death. What is there to fear if we do not fear death? They know that most of the population can easily be hypnotized, trained, indoctrinated and propagandized into doing virtually any task. The great mass of uneducated, illiterate, and ignorant people roaming the planet are meant to be used, abused and scammed. Let them think they are smart and then, squash them. The howls of those who resent these facts can be seen burning through these words. Wake up!

The bible, koran, torah and other "scriptures" are the best examples of ways to tame the ignorant and make them do the bidding of those who are "in the know." Since many do not have the ability or willingness to examine their thoughts; give them thoughts that appear to make sense to their perceived vulnerability and mortality. Make them feel "guilty" for not knowing.

"Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich." Napoleon Bonaparte

Once we break free from the influence of others' thoughts and directives, we can truly begin to appreciate living for what it is. We are the captains of our ship (body) and masters of our fate (by imagining the universe we want to live in.) If we give control of our thoughts to politicians, television and other media monsters, we deserve the hell they create for us.

Our society does not teach its members how to be independent; more the opposite. If one does not feel as though government is irrelevant, then it is relevant. The word "government' is made up of two Latin words that mean "control the mind." Until those who have understood these words to be true get more involved, we will stagnate in this position.

Here is what makes sense - consciousness must be eternal or life could not continue. That makes sense. The body we use to gain an appreciation of consciousness is not owned, but shared with all other beings. Once we think we are special, we break the magic.

Religious people are those that need to believe something. Since they have no inkling that their own intuition is where the truth resides, they look outwards to other sources, much to their destruction. Let them be. They certainly berate the educated by their ignorant preaching at every chance they get. Ignorance at its best can be heard on Moody Bible Institute radio. What a fantastically harmful message!!!

Common sense is truth. Religion is lies. Politics is lies. Only YOU create your future from your base of understanding. The more you understand, the better your future.



Recognized


We are all responsible for what we see, what we feel, what we hear and what we ignore...
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Cogitator All rights reserved.
Cogitator has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.