General Fiction posted October 15, 2013


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Why we read about what others have experienced

Vicarious-The Ride

by ElPoetry001

Vicarious-The Ride
I open the book and read the poem or story.

I buckle in and hope for a good ride, for my emotions are ready to laugh or to cry, to give thanks, or to ask why.

But the writer must know the way to go on the emotional trail today, so I can take part, but from afar, as I ride safely on my vicarious star.

The writer must create the day, the place, the persons, and the play.

I must be brought along, with words or song, to see myself in a character, and feel that I am he, and he is me, and it is we that share the peril, the challenge, the victory, and feel the emotion as our hero leads us in "We are the champions.'

But I am also ready to arrive at a crime scene, to see if there are any clues that we can glean, and put together a theory as to who did the Dew, in a room, to whom.

So if you want to motivate, invigorate, or scare, you must tell a good tale and take the rider there.

That would be me that is he, or she, that I can see, and feel the fright, the darkness of the night, what lurks there, and scares me, even though I am in one on my vicarious star.



Recognized


I love to create my own stories, but I also love reading and experiencing life through the eyes and ears of others, as they describe what they are seeing, doing, and feeling. I wait for the vicarious ride, where the words take me to an emotion, fear, or anticipation
Many writers have put it all together, in at least one genre, and I always look for that thrill from my ride on my vicarious star.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. ElPoetry001 All rights reserved.
ElPoetry001 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.