General Science Fiction posted August 20, 2013 Chapters:  ...9 10 -11- 12... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
the Magfas plan

A chapter in the book Pale Sisters

Prism

by Bill Schott


The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.
The author has placed a warning on this post for sexual content.


Background
Thanks to Renate-Bertodi for use of the artwork
The story so far:  Sophia Pale was widowed, raped, had a baby girl, kidnapped, raped again, arrested for murder, imprisoned (losing her daughter and giving birth to another in prison), and raped again in prison. Two women she met in prison, Diana, who was a friend, but works with the Magfas, and another, Linda, a member of the Kolk, have left the prison. Sophia's been found dead in her cell. Diana has been pardoned and sent to work for the Magfas, and Linda is in a coma and has been moved to a city hospital.
------------------------------------------
Amada Lee was livid when she learned, from Warden Foster Dag, that both Sophia Pale and Linda McCoy were gone. There was no plan to kill Sophia, yet, but she was sure that was what had happened.

The Kolk was the only obstacle to the success of the Irsdan. They had been integrated into the human race three thousand years ago, entwining with the human fetuses in Phoenicia. Since then, their existence had become known by fewer and fewer, until only a handful of people knew they were here at all.

The followers of the Magfas, in preparation for the Irsdan, had taken advantage of several advanced sciences introduced by the Kolk, and long since suppressed.

There existed the ability to foretell situations by a combination of the mass potential energy of the population and the mathematical dictates of celestial bodies. These were very real and accurate. The variables open for change were the result of active manipulation of circumstances and people, once the pure layout of events were known.

The existence of raw energy, which fluctuated around the world, and the ability to increase and direct it, was also a discovery of the Kolk. It had been kept secreted by the Magfas for centuries.

Together, with the knowledge of future situations, which were the open slate of an unfashioned destiny, the Magfas were building a pyramid of flesh. The pinnacle of this would be the gathering of three genetically identical human beings who would have the exact molecular makeup to act as a prism. This prism would collect the massing energy, which flowed freely and in enormous supply within the inner atmosphere. This energy was released, from beings below, in regular intervals throughout their lives. A release was nearly quadrupled during natural disaster and armed conflict.

Since the natural selection of the end beings was not completed, the Magfas had missed the opportunity to see their goals met in the world war that delivered up energy like had not been seen in centuries. They would not miss another chance. The final seed had been sewn, the pyramid nearly complete.

Irsdon would be an event of ultimate upheaval. It would be the redefining of the human path towards a world of central control and oppression. If Magfas could emplace their Queens in the exact matrix necessary to channel the expected energy, they would assume control of, at the very least, the planet.

The intricate physiology needed to be channelers of this foretold energy was something that could not have been left to chance. Once the Magfas was made aware of what kind of chromosomal configuration was most receptive to the energy, the selective procurement of donors was arranged.

Many considerations had to wait for technology to catch up with the needed information. The Magfas was waiting, funneling money into whatever science was needed to enhance the probability of success.

The expected waiting period for the ability to splice genetic material within the confines of a laboratory was still decades away. The desired traits and molecular structure would have to be assembled in the natural reproductive manner with specific orchestration of the desired DNA.  This, for reasons long forgotten, had to be performed within a ritual that included a bloody sacrafice and a multi-participant insemination.

Now, however, the Kolk was trying to prevent this process from reaching fruition. They were actively intercepting the genetic carriers, who were of Kolk descent, and removing them from the chemical equation.

Many of their species were not aware of their origin due to masking of their cerebral powers through the meld with human hosts.

-------------------


Amanda Lee was now certain the McCoy woman was responsible for the death of Sophia and that she would seek to escape from the incarceration in which she had allowed herself to be placed. She would have to find McCoy before she returned to her physical host and was able to again become a threat.

"Foster," she called to the Warden. "I have to get word to the hospital to have the McCoy prisoner restrained.

"Sure, Mandy," assured the Warden, "I'll have it done immediately."

"Thank you, Foster. You are so very understanding and helpful."

"For you, Mandy -- anything."

Amanda placed an affectionate smile on her face as she approached Warden Dag and cupped her hands over his crotch as she pressed up to his chest.

"And for you, Foster -- everything."


 



Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by Renate-Bertodi at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.