General Fiction posted August 17, 2013


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
If at first you don't succeed...

Karma

by Janilou












My heart stopped beating the exact same minute I took a drink. Now I'm floating by the dumpster, fuming mad. My prize bottle top collection sits here, waiting for tomorrow's garbage pickup and my body's hardly cold. 

Knocking the bucket over, I roll the bottle caps across the driveway to spell "Murderer." The jury's still out on that one. I say it's Maude's fault. She handed me that damn apple, and I choked trying to wash it down.

Maude is coming outside, carrying something small and black. With a blood-curdling scream, she drops it. Now she's scooping up bottle tops and hurling them into the dumpster.

I'd die laughing, if I wasn't, well ... you know. 

Ah, there's the tunnel of light and the angels. I'm heading towards it -- I know the drill. This is my second reincarnation. I'll admit I made a lousy husband to Maude the first time around, but I sure hope I don't have to come back as her pet crow again. Although, I kinda enjoyed being able to peck her when she got on my nerves. 

"What's that, Mr. Angel? It's not my time? Whatcha mean I didn't learn anything yet?"

I watch, horrified, as the small black body on the ground gasps. 

Aw, crap. Crap! Caw! CAW!









 



200 Word Flash Fiction writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story that is between 200 - 210 words. The trick is you must use the following words: laughter, heart, minute, jury, drink, garbage. Words may be used in different formats (for example: drink, drinking, drank)

Recognized


Write a story that is between 200 - 210 words. The trick is you must use the following words: laughter, heart, minute, jury, drink, garbage. Words may be used in different formats (for example: drink, drinking, drank)


Laughter = laughing -- as per the contest rules. All other words used in their original form.

210 words.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by VMarguarite at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Janilou All rights reserved.
Janilou has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.