General Fiction posted August 15, 2013 Chapters:  ...4 5 -6- 7... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Sophia meets Linda

A chapter in the book Pale Sisters

Linda

by Bill Schott


The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.
The author has placed a warning on this post for sexual content.


Background
Sophia Pale has been married, widowed, sexual assaulted, given birth, kidnapped, assaulted again, arrested for murder, imprisoned, witness to murder, and raped in prison.
Sophia awoke in her cell. She was clean, dressed, and well-rested.

"Hello, Sophia," came a strangely familiar voice. "Welcome back to Earth."

Sophia looked across the darkened cell to see an inmate that she recognized. She had long, blond hair and a slender frame.

"Linda?" she questioned. "Linda Loo-"

"You can say it," said the woman. "Linda Looney."

Sophia had seen Linda before, but had never spoken to her. She was surprised to hear her speak, as she was told that she hadn't talked in years.

"Diana!" blurted Sophia suddenly, remembering the traumatic scene.

"Oh yes, Diana," said Linda. "You wouldn't know about that would you."

"What?"

"Her appeal went through and she received a commuted sentence. Time served."

"When?  She was just here last night. She was --" Sophia couldn't continue. The memory was more dream than reality.

"You've been out for over a week."  She went on to reveal that Diana had received her papers and was released yesterday.

"I know why Diana was involved. She traded me and the dead guard for her freedom. I could never have done that, but I understood why she did it. But why? Why was it the same men? What do they want from me?"

It eventually occurred to Sophia to ask Linda why she was now speaking after all this silence.

"I'm not," she said flatly.

Sophia had somehow not noticed through the darkened cell that Linda's lips never moved. "Your voice?"

"Your voice probably," Linda seemed to say.

It was true. The voice was somehow her own. One she now recognized. Sophia drew back against the wall and moved to the bars. "How is this possible?" she asked in shivering wonder. "Who are you? What do you want from me?"

Linda backed away from Sophia to give her space. "Calm down, Sophia," came the voice. "We are not a threat to you."

Sophia tried to control her fear.
"As for how it is possible that we are communicating," said Linda, "I don't have a clue. This is how I exchange and share and that's how you do it."

The widowed mother of two felt herself begin to calm. Perhaps Linda was making her calm; lulling her into a false sense of safety.

Sophia could only listen. She was mesmerized by all of this. Her mind was being conditioned for the data she was receiving.

"As for who we are, that will clear up as we progress. We will need your help just as you need ours. Together we will put a stop to the Irsdon."

Sophia thought to ask the obvious question, but somehow felt that, as Linda was 'saying', it would all become clear to her soon.



 



Recognized


There is sex and violence in this story which are essential to the plot.
Photobucket for the photo.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.