Supernatural Fiction posted August 14, 2013


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
DWI-Why?

Let's Get Metaphysical

by Macsween

Supernatural Flash Fiction Contest Winner 
The last thing I remember is a bright light and the sound of crashing metal. When I woke up I could hear voices above me.

"He's gone. We should cancel the ambulance and call the coroner," one says.

The other answers, "Yeah, I'd go with that. What a mess, worst in a while."

Coroner, mess, what were they talking about? I try to stand up but I can't feel my legs. I try to speak but my mouth doesn't work, the words stick in my head. One of them talks about my driver's license.

"Hey Mike, look at this, says he's two twenty."

The other laughs, "Well he's not two twenty anymore, not with the blood he's lost."

I want to shout, to let them know I'm here, to get them to shut up but I remain forcibly mute. In my peripheral vision I see lights, blue and red, ricocheting off some unseen object and then more voices.

A lady asks,"What we got here?"

"Andy, drunk driver."

"Circumstances."

"Witnesses say they saw him, Jack in hand, swerve across the road. A truck took him out, sideswiped him. He flew, like Superman, straight out of the window, landed twenty feet away."

Jack now I remember. God I'd love a swig right now; it's my only enjoyment in life. They pick me up and put me on a trolley and then I'm lifted up and put into a bright box. Two of them get in the back with me and one's talking in my ear.

"Andy, Andy can you hear me?"

Yes, yes I can. I can hear you loud and clear.

"I can't feel a pulse," the lady says, "I'm going to shock him." Shock me, no don't do that. I hear a humming sound and then, "Clear," and boom excruciating pain hits me. I scream out for it to stop but no one hears me. "Still no pulse, clear," boom, the pain hits me again and again and again. Finally it goes dark and I welcome it gladly.

***

I wake up in a quiet, dark room. I'm scared, desperately thirsty and would love some sweet Jack right now. I can feel my extremities and try to stand up but I can't. I shout out and this time a weird high pitch scream comes out. I have no idea what is going on and I scream louder. A door opens, a light comes on and a lady comes into the room. She's a giant, must be about twenty feet tall. She's smiling and says, "Hey there you, thirsty?" I try to shout out yes, but that weird screaming noise sounds again. The lady picks me up and I'm trembling, fearful of this giant. She takes me over to a chair in the corner of the room and then her nipple's in my mouth and I'm thirstily gulping down something that doesn't taste like Jack. "Who's a thirsty girl?" she says.

Girl; I'll scream again when I finish this drink.



Writing Prompt
The character in your story is involved in some way with the supernatural.

Supernatural Flash Fiction
Contest Winner


Contest entry. 500 words.
Artwork by Doris1022.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Macsween All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Macsween has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.