General Science Fiction posted August 13, 2013 Chapters: 1 -2- 3... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Sophia continues her bizarre journey.

A chapter in the book Pale Sisters

Amanda

by Bill Schott


The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.
The author has placed a warning on this post for sexual content.


Background
Sophia Pale has been married, widowed, raped, and has given birth to a young girl named Virgo. With no other options, she has moved in with her husband's aunt, Amanda, and works at a bar.

Sophia was wiping down the counter when she recognized some men at a corner table. Her heart nearly stopped when she realized that they were three of the four who had killed her husband. Near the point of hyperventilating, she headed out the back door and ran straight for her car. Driving to her aunt's home she locked the doors, not knowing what to do or who to call.

When her aunt returned with the baby, who was being kept with a neighbor, Sophia told her who she had seen. Amanda told Sophia to remain there with the baby and that she would take care of everything.

Amanda drove the Bel Air to the bar and walked inside. She saw the three men at a table, in an otherwise empty room, and walked up to them. "Why are you three here?" she asked, in a testy tone. "And where is Olan?"

Whitey, a tall, slender man, stood to face her. "How ya doin', Mandy?" he asked in a slow, relaxed drawl.

"Why are you here?"

"Heck, Mandy," he said, unfazed by her apparent anger. "Lou and Bobby had a thirst for the old barley, and this here seemed like a right nice establishment in which for them to 'stay chee ate' it."

"You stupid fool!  You and these Neanderthals have ruined everything!"

"Oh what now?" came a voice from the bathroom door. A large, black-haired man stood in the door staring at Amanda.

"Olan, why are you and these animals here?"

"Raleigh sent us up to do a repeat on the little sweetie," he said with a matter-of-fact tone.

"It's too soon.  She isn't ready for that stage yet."

Well," chuckled Bobby, a red-haired twenty-year-old, "we're real ready."

"Raleigh says the timetable has to move up on account a war that's comin'" said Olan.

"What war? asked Amanda.

"Sumpin in 'Endo Chinee'.

Amanda pondered the last statement. "A war? Of course, that would create a perfect environment for the Irsdon. Raleigh could be right. There would have to be an atomic blast.  All right, but she has seen you, and I have to do something before you can work on her again."

"Come on!" yelled Lou, his sandy beard seemingly jumping off his barrel chest. "We're already lookin' at a gall dang three-year window, even with this here speed-up. I say the sooner we dump the load, the sooner we get the goods and finish up with this."

Amanda knew the burly ape was right, but had to think how to proceed.

"Listen, Mandy," whispered Olan, smiling at the others, and putting his arm around Amanda's shoulders. "We already got a big plan put out by Raleigh hisself. It's a doggoner one too. Can't but stand in awe of the man."

"What plan?" asked Amanda.

"I'll tell ya in the car," said Olan, as he squeezed the woman's butt cheek. "And you can tell me all about the Dewey Decimal System."

An hour and a half had passed since Amanda had left Sophia in the house. She was near hysterics, wondering whether to call the police, when Amanda returned.

"I was so worried!" shouted Sophia, barely able to keep from shaking uncontrollably. "What happened!"

"I spoke to the Sheriff's office, and they have taken the four men into custody," said Amanda, as she hugged the shivering girl.

"Four?" asked a startled Sophia. "They have the fourth one too?"

"Uh, yes," she hesitated, remembering that the girl had only seen the three. "The other scoundrel was close by."

Sophia felt as if she would burst. "What am I supposed to do now?"

"We're to go down to the Sherriff's office to fill out charges," answered Amanda.

"I'll change right now, but what about the baby?"

"We'll take her with us," Amanda said. "Now let's get along."

As both women changed, Sophia noticed that Amanda wasn't wearing a bra. Amanda saw the girl and figured out her puzzled stare. She had forgotten to put her brassiere back on after her go with Olan in the back of the Bel Air. "It's a European thing, my dear. I really enjoy the freedom."

The subject was dropped as the two finished dressing and then drove to the Sherriff's office. Once inside, the two were led by a deputy to a back room and told that the Sherriff would be in soon. The deputy also told Amanda that she would have to move her car, as it was in a towing zone.

Over Sophia's request not to leave her, she promised she would return in just a minute. She took Virgo with her so as not to be in the way. A moment after she left, the door opened again and the Sherriff stepped in.

Sophia looked up, and her eyes nearly blew out of their sockets as she stared at one of the men who had killed her husband.

"Howdy, little lady," greeted the large black-haired man. "I am Sherriff Olan Rawls and I am as pleased as punch to see ya."

Behind the Sherriff, through the door, stepped the other three men that Sophia had seen earlier. Her jaw dropped and she could not speak as the four men grabbed her and took her through the rear door of the building. In the alley was Sophia's Bel Air, engine running. Amanda and the baby were gone.

"Take her on back to the Magfas and I'll be along direct," said the Sherriff.

The three men put Sophia in the backseat of the car, and two got in with her. As the car drove away, the Sherriff returned to his office, where Amanda sat feeding the baby.

"Ya wanna go watch the session this time, Mandy?" he asked with a slight smile. "Ya only got ta see the snuffin' the other time."

"No," she said calmly, as she burped the baby, "but have you chosen one of them to be the sacrifice?"

"Yep. But I don't suspect I'll tell him 'til the last minute. People ain't the volunteers they oughta be."




 



Recognized


There is sex and violence in this story which are essential to the plot.

Image is from Google
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.