Writing Fiction posted August 8, 2013


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Young man lead astray by lust and faith.

Louise , part 2

by GWHARGIS

It didn't seem to matter that I knew it was wrong. I followed Louise up the back stairs and into her room. She didn't bother to turn on the lights. We seemed to work together in a frenzy choreographed by forbidden passion.

I was consumed by something that I didn't completely understand. My need for her was too powerful to fight.

We made love.

"How was that?" she asked afterwards. She had propped herself up on one arm and smiled at me.

"I love you," I mumbled.

Louise tapped the end of my nose with her red fingernail.

"And you'll love a dozen more before it's all over with."

She didn't understand the intensity of emotion I felt for her. She thought I was just some young boy caught up in a fantasy, but that wasn't it at all. I was giving my heart to her and she didn't understand.

"Time for you to go. I've got an early shift tomorrow."

I moved to kiss her and she turned away with a laugh.

"Save that for another time."




I walked home. My mind was in a turmoil. I felt things for Louise that I had never felt for any girl. But for myself, I felt shame. I felt guilt. I felt the wrath of my father and God were about to come down on me.

My father met me at the door. His eyes glowed with an angry passion as I stood there.

"Where have you been?"

"I was in town."

"Nothing good happens in town after dark. I can smell the sin on you. Confess what you've done, Tucker," he said. "Confess and then you can ask for forgiveness."

I didn't want to tell him about Louise. He would never believe the depth of my feelings. I knew he would say horrible things about her. But I was a miserable coward. I confessed everything from stealing the money from the offering plate to following Louise home. I didn't tell him about making love. I couldn't, but then I didn't have to. He knew. He could smell the sin on me.

"It was Lucifer's doing. Used a woman as his vessel."

"No. I love her."

My father's brow settled in a line over his eyes.

"Love of that kind isn't real love, Tucker. It's lust. Plain and simple carnal lust. Lust is in every man. It takes strength from God to fight it."

I could say nothing in my own defense as he talked. Maybe it was carnal lust, but I had given my heart to Louise, as well as my body.

"Is she a Christian?"

Her words from earlier came tumbling back into my mind. She had said she had no use for men of God.

"I don't think so. But father, she's a good person."

"Good doesn't get your soul into heaven. If she's not a Christian, she's in jeopardy...you as well."

The next morning he neither punished me nor did he bring up Louise. But I knew he was right. Louise's very soul was at risk for eternal damnation.



Her fingernails seemed somehow more garish when I returned to the diner on Saturday afternoon. I hadn't seen Louise since that night I had made love to her.

She waved to me and pointed to a booth when I walked in.

"I was wondering if you were ever going to come back. Thought maybe I had scared you off," she said, chewing cinnamon gum. She was in a good mood and slipped into the booth across from me. "I'm guessing you're here for some peach pie." She winked.

"A coke, that's all."

I waited for her shift to end and left just before her. The evening air was chilly for September but the night was clear as I waited for her to come outside.

"Don't think you can come and hang around until I get off, every time you get an itch." Her usual smile was gone and I could see a harshness in her eyes.

"I really do love you, Louise."

She stopped dead in her tracks and turned to face me.

"Cut the crap, Tucker."

Her words were like a slap. She felt nothing for me. She truly was the devil's vessel, empty of good and full of lies.

"I came to you with my heart. You're telling me you did this without love?"

At last she smiled and it was sweet. But it was a gesture of pity.

"Tucker, you are a sweet kid. But there is nothing between us," she said as she pulled her sweater around her tightly. "Take whatever you want from this, but go and find yourself a nice young girl and be happy."

"But I want you."

Impatience showed in her now.

"Look," she snapped. "I don't know how else to put this. Get lost."

No matter how angry and unkind she was, I could not let the devil stay in her. If I could save her from the devil, she would love me back. She would understand the depth of my love.

"Walk with me along the river," I said.

Louise shook her head.

"Please. Just this one time."

She was angry, but she walked along side me. The river was only a few blocks away.

It was running high. I could tell by the sound of it. The current was strong and I could only wade out a few feet from shore.

"Give me your hand," I said.

Louise stepped back.

"The water feels great."

"No thank you."

"I won't let you fall, I swear."

Louise sighed and quickly reached down to pull off her shoes. She squealed as the water splashed up on her legs.

"Give me your hand, I won't let you fall."

She grasped my hand tightly. Her nails bit into my flesh. Louise looked around then settled her gaze on me.

"I'm here. Now what?"

I pulled her closer, holding her hand against my chest.

"Let me baptize you in the name of the Savior."

Angrily, she shoved me. She started wading back towards shore.

"For Christ's sake-," she said.

I couldn't help myself. The devil's voice was coming from her mouth. I just wanted him to stop speaking through her. I smacked her. The back of my hand connecting with her cheek. The way my father had done with me so many times when I had tested him.

"Don't use the name of Christ like that."

"Go to hell," she spat.

I caught her arm and yanked her back to me.

"You don't understand the power Lucifer has over you. I can help you."

She struck out, fingernails raking my face. I almost let her go, but I couldn't let the devil win. He would not have my beautiful Louise. She was fighting me, angry and full of fire. Her feet slipped out from under her and she landed on her back. Her uniform floated around her and I caught a glimpse of her creamy thighs.

I summoned all of my strength and pushed her head under the surface of the water. I prayed, calling out for God's grace to save her. But Louise was still fighting. The devil unwilling to leave his vessel.

I held her, determined not to give up on her eternal soul. When the peace of God finally came, Louise stopped fighting.

I pulled her into my arms and waited for her to rise up. She didn't.

I let her float out of my arms and into the river. I watched silently as the current carried her away.



My father cleaned the wounds on my face and arms. He never asked me what happened. Maybe he knew.

No one seemed to notice that Louise disappeared. After a week, the diner stuck a help wanted sign in the window.

A few weeks later, the man on the television reported that a body had washed up some ten miles outside the city. The river and decomposition had made it impossible to identify it. The police were asking for any information that could lead to the victim's identity.

They may never know who it was. But my guess...my guess is Louise.



Recognized


Feedback. Thank you for reading. This was a long one for me. Hope you liked it.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. GWHARGIS All rights reserved.
GWHARGIS has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.