Song Lyrics Poetry posted July 25, 2013 Chapters: 1 -2- 3... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
The Real Reason For The Christmas Season. Composed 2003.

A chapter in the book My Really Truly Christmas Songs

He Came To Die For Us

by Sankey

1. Some think it's just a time for presents;

Others, an excuse for getting drunk

But it was the time many years ago,

For the greatest happ'ning of all.......



Chorus:

I'm just tired of us living a lie

'Coz we know that Jesus was born to die

Oh what a time for us all to come

And lay our lives at His feet.



2.There was no room for Jesus in the Inn

Have you got any room for Him?

Is your life so full in its mundane course

You are tossed about in the wind?

Chorus.

3.The World has blotted Christ from Christmas

Is He just an "X" in there to you?

Who cares if its origins were something else;

Jesus came to give life to You!

Last Chorus:

Don't you know He is Coming again!

If you take His Gift of Life you can come with us then;

Jesus Can save you If you want Him to...

HE WAS BORN TO DIE FOR YOU!!



Faith Poetry Contest contest entry

Recognized


This was originally inspired at 5am one morning nearing the Christmas Season of the particular year. I bounded out of bed when the words started coming and just HAD to get them down!. I was so thankful to God for giving me the tune pretty soon after I wrote the lyrics. I have been told this could be a good song for any time. This was written as a Christmas Carol music is now working on Second link at top. Disregard black link. Can't remove it sorry. Not sure who owns the picture. Not from Fan Art Review.
I wrote this Carol out of frustration with the world's view on Christmas. Especially Carols By Candle Light programmes where very little is presented of the true meaning of Christmas. Please be aware that this was written by an Australian so that if you think words don't rhyme in your own local "lingo" that is the reason. As a good friend has said even Shakespeare used 'almost rhymes' in his writings. Thanks to SemiSarah for Mother Cloud picture recently added.

I have tried and tried to get the music working on FS. Done all that Tom suggested to no avail. Here is a link to an old church web site I used to run's carols page with my carols on it. Needs Windows Media Player if you have something else write me can send MP3 files of tunes or alternate player for other than Windows.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Sankey All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Sankey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.