General Fiction posted April 27, 2013


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Just dribbling...

Bouncing, Baby!

by fairydancer

WRITE SOMETHING!!!! DO IT NOW!!!! Contest Winner 


























Marshmallows are fascinating, don't you think?

They look like little pillows, perfect white and pink ones. Far cleaner than most of mine which have been washed a hundred times, light colours NOT kept separate...

It's going to rain again, any second

...Their taste is not exceptional; sweet with a subtle flavour, and yet they are unique, much like many people, I think...

How much longer 'til I pick the kids up from school? 1 hour, OK

...They act just like a trampoline when you press them with your finger and are remarkably stretchy when warm. Great de-stressers too, when you watch the skin brown and spit as you toast them...

What am I going to cook for tea?

...I guess life is much like a marshmallow. Looks all clean, and white, and bright when you first take a bite, but as time goes on it wrinkles and browns at the edges, and has this annoying habit of spring-boarding you back to where you first started...

How long have I got 'til the deadline?

...born with nothing, die with nothing, as they say... well, except of course, for love, but that is another story...

Yuk! My nails need filing.


Writing Prompt
Write about anything you want, whatever comes into your head. Dribble on the keyboard and press send if you like.

There's only one rule . . . no poetry allowed.

Max 200 words.

GO!!!

WRITE SOMETHING!!!! DO IT NOW!!!!
Contest Winner


THANK YOU pattigirl for the great artwork!

...NO, I was not eating a marshmallow when I read the contest prompt, and what on Earth inspired me to write about them... I just don't know! He! He!

Thanks, DAC, for re-posting this contest :)

198 words
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. fairydancer All rights reserved.
fairydancer has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.