Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted February 27, 2013


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A catty response from the cat teens...

Gareth Morgan has been Catnipped!

by Curly Girly

This is a quick painting I created using acrylic paint on a stretched canvas. It was created in a catty response to New Zealander Gareth Morgan's notorious bird-brained speech on Tuesday 22nd January 2013.

In it he accused cats of being a threat to the indigenous bird population. He likened them to 'serial killers' and urged people not to replace their pets when they die. This speech infuriated cat-lovers nationwide, and apparently internationally too, and there was a huge backlash against Mr Morgan and his anti-cat website.

He seemed to gloss over other serious non-indigenous preditors like rats, stoats and ferrets. Instead, he chose to attack the companion animals of many lonely souls, who have nothing exciting to look forward to other than the company of their cats.

He has been caught catnipping! The result caused a stink. Felines have responded by suggesting that he is a threat to their society. They have proposed that he be imprisoned in the same manner in which he would like done to them.

Cat lovers unite
And join the cat fight
Help put Gareth right
His speech wasn't bright.

Yours sincerely
Cool Cat Catastrope

* Readers are welcome to pass on and TWEET and / or Facebook it.



Recognized


If you don't like cats: GO SKIPPING...
*USE the 'SKIP' button
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Curly Girly All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Curly Girly has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.