Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted May 12, 2012


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Speculations of a dreamer

Life Is Just A Fantasy

by Realist101

Soul Writer Contest Winner 
That which makes the world go 'round, and lets us live and love; the part of us that cries for others when they've had it rough, our souls are songs of who we are, the tunes of yesterdays. And souls are made of our tomorrows--and dreams we dream today.

It shines from deep within our hearts to know the right from wrong, and souls are mystics wise and old, the heartlights we all own. And souls, they shine from kittens eyes--and too, from damaged minds. It gives us wonder, and the knowledge, to make or break ourselves.

And though the devil tries to sway all the good away--souls are strong, they rise above, to reach the moon and stars. And souls will cry before they die, but shouldn't be afraid. A soul connects the heart and mind, and gives the sun it's shine.


Writing Prompt
In under 150 words, define a "soul." You may write poetry or prose.

Soul Writer
Contest Winner

Recognized


146 words...Thank you for reading--hopefully our souls will all be salvaged in the end. Live, love and laugh...every chance you get...("And" used a lot for poetic license?") Thank you to Google Images for the loan of this photo...
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Realist101 All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Realist101 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.