Biographical Non-Fiction posted April 27, 2012 Chapters:  ...12 13 -14- 15... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A glimpse of heaven.

A chapter in the book The English Assignment

To the throne

by keimosobie

I wish I could say I let the whole thing go after that, but me being one to never let things go, I started picking at my wounds. When I went to see the Priest he said, "You are a great worrier aren't you."

Yes I am, for that there can be no denying it. I started trying to get my soul back. Gambling on basketball shots I usually wound up missing. The fear of losing your soul is pretty overwhelming. I was embarrassed to tell anyone. I heard from a few psychics and they never had good news.

I did start being a good Catholic. Going to church on Sundays and making my adult confirmation. I went to prayer group and tried to increase my relationship with God.

I would fall into despair every now and then. One morning I sat on my couch after a sleepless night fraught with worry, and I cried out to God.

I said out loud, "I know the only way to get to the Father is through Jesus and Jesus I need to see him."

I just lay on the couch pouring my heart out. I don't know if I fell asleep and dreamed this entire thing or not, but this is what happened. I came to reality and I was being flown by two male angels. I wasn't sure where I was.

I was set down on the ground, not too gently either I might add. I saw a robed figure in the distance. I started to walk toward him and the angels immediately tried to force me to the ground. I started to wrestle with them. I'm not kidding. I was a wrestler in high school and I was not about to be pushed around.

Then the figure in front of me, God, I guess, told them to stop, and told them I wasn't aware of what was going on. They looked hesitant and God reassured them and they flew off.

I walked toward God, who was sitting on his throne and I knelt and I said, "My house is in order."

God said, "Let's see."

Someone came in and handed God a very thick crystal disk, and God took it and dropped it in a slot in the arm of the throne chair. He had that far off look in his eye like my fourth grade teacher did as he fast forwarded through my life.

He was saying, "Yes it's good", and then he slowed down and made a queer looking face. I asked him what was wrong. He showed me in regular time what he was looking at. I suddenly felt the need to defend myelf. I remembered something I read in the bible.

"I thought what a husband and wife did in the bedroom was between them only." I said.

Well I'm sure you want to know what God was offended about. Lets just say that my wife and I do not engage in that sexual behavior anymore, as it offended God.

God seemed to get past my offense and did not banish me from his sight immediately. Then God wanted me to get to the point of why I wanted to see him, so I did. I explained my fear of selling my soul and he told me not to worry about it. I was relieved to hear that.

There was one strange thing about God. While he was on his throne he had a face, and sometimes his face would short out and I could see behind it. It looked like a swirling mass of cosmic dust with an electrical storm in the middle of it. Only on a small scale.

I was then introduced to a few people that were in heaven. Saints and apostles I guess. Someone asked the figure that was behind me, that I could not see, if I could stay? The figure gave an answer that I could not hear.

The person then said, "Well he made it here once, didn't he?"

I said, "I still have work to do."

The figure behind me then said something else and I could only read the reaction of the person in front of me. It didn't look good. Anyway I do hope to make it back there some day.

I was taken to a table that seemed to go on forever, and people were sitting at every seat, and I was given a seat. I remember eating delicious foods and talking to the people around me. I can't remember what I ate, or what was said for that matter. I can remember being satisfied and happy.

Next thing I knew I was back in my living room. That's the whole story. Did it happen? I believe it did. Am I still in God's graces? Time drives the flocks from field to fold and things change. It's been a long time since this happened, and much has happened I'd like to share. I do think, since I have started writing this book, I have gotten my life back on the right course. I hope I'm not too late.





Recognized


The English assignment had eventually led me to the throne of God. The next chapter is the challenge.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. keimosobie All rights reserved.
keimosobie has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.