Humor Fiction posted March 28, 2012


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
An April Fool's Headline

Campaign Trail: Never Say Never

by ~Dovey

Obama Adopts Catch-Phrase, "Never Say Never", As 2012 Campaign Slogan

WASHINGTON (AP) - In a surprising announcement from the White House today, President Barack Obama has announced that , citing health concerns, Vice President Joe Biden will be replaced as his running mate for the upcoming 2012 election by Justin Bieber. "Never Say Never" will be their campaign slogan, as a nod to Bieber's hit song and upbeat attitude. When queried by the press with the obvious issues of youth and citizenship, Obama assured the crowd with the following statement:

"I think the American people have a generous instinct. They understand that we're a nation of immigrants. People are very hungry for something new. I think they are interested in being called to be a part of something larger than the sort of small, petty, slash-and-burn politics that we have been seeing over the last several years. Change doesn't come from Washington. Change comes to Washington. The true test of the American ideal is whether we're able to recognize our failings and then rise together to meet the challenges of our time. Whether we allow ourselves to be shaped by events and history, or whether we act to shape them. Whether chance of birth or circumstance decides life's big winners and losers, or whether we build a community where, at the very least, everyone has a chance to work hard, get ahead, and reach their dreams.
Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek. With the magnitude of the challenges we face right now, what we need in Washington are not more political tactics -- we need more good ideas. We don't need more point-scoring -- we need more problem-solving. There's something about the American spirit -- inherent in the American spirit -- we don't hang on to the past. We always move forward.... We are going to leave something better for our children -- not just here in the United States, but all around the world. But generally speaking, hopefully, if I'm going to be successful, it's going to be because of the ideas I put forward and not because I'm hanging out with Justin Bieber."

In response to this announcement it is rumored that The Republican Party will draw on the legacy of Ronald Reagan, in spirit of which, they are seeking to endorse Clint Eastwood as the Republican nominee for the Presidency. There is excitement in the public approval polls as actor, Morgan Freeman, is listed as his potential running mate. Recently interviewed, Mr. Freeman spoke of his long time association with Mr. Eastwood, "I have this great admiration for him as a man, and as a talent, I know how I feel about Clint Eastwood, and I know why I feel the way I do about him. It's just a quiet love affair."

When contacted, Mr. Eastwood neither confirmed or denied but issued this statement:

"I've seen a lot of downturns in my time and we all rallied around what was right...All that matters is what's ahead. How do we come from behind? How do we come together and how do we win?...It's half time America and our second half is about to begin."

Associated Press writers Hope Ann Change and Harry Callahan contributed to this report.









April Fools writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write the best April Fools Newspaper Headline ever. Then write a brief paragraph or two to elaborate. Any picture can be used, this picture is simply for fun. You are the newspaper editor so make it good.

Recognized


The quotes can be directly attributed to their sources, although the author pleads the 5th when queried about the context to which they were stated. ;)
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. ~Dovey All rights reserved.
~Dovey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.