War and History Poetry posted February 24, 2012


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
a lament, of sorts

Military Intelligence?

by AlvinTEthington


I didn't include a picture of my friend, who is now working in the private sector.
Kicked out
Lance Corporal
Marines
No one cared that you served your country well
Just whom you kissed...



ABC Poetry Contest contest entry

Recognized


Another Marine, jealous of my friend's success, took a surreptitious picture of my friend kissing his boyfriend and turned it in to the military authories before "Don't Ask, Don't Tell (an American law preventing openly gay and lesbian people serving in the military)" was rescinded. He was kicked of the military with a "Less than Honorable Discharge Under Honorable Conditions." Yes, that's right--"Less than Honorable Discharge Under Honorable Conditions." Huh?

This is an ABC poem, as the contest directives required. The first letter of the first four lines must follow an alphabetical sequence (here, K-N) and the last line may start with any letter.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. AlvinTEthington All rights reserved.
AlvinTEthington has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.