General Flash Fiction posted February 12, 2012


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
contest entry

Wedding Promise

by Spiritual Echo

I dropped her body in the muddy swamp. Her wedding dress hung loose around her ankles; deliberately making the murder look like rape.

For a moment I felt a mild pang of regret, knowing my brother's heart would be broken when he realized that his bride disappeared, leaving him at the altar. If he'd heard her laughter, seen her throw the drink in my face, maybe he would understand.

"No, of course I don't love him, you fool. You didn't want me, but you're not getting rid of me so easily. You'll get to watch me every day, making your brother miserable. And, you know what? When I get over you, get tired of the game, break this family apart; you'll pay me to go away."

The bride's final sentence was lost as I put my hands around her neck and squeezed; the nightmare silenced.

"Not bloody likely."



100 Word Story writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story that is between 100 and 150 words. The trick is you must use the following words: laughter, drink, murder, final, sentence, muddy, loose, wedding, mild, heart

Recognized


146 words
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Spiritual Echo All rights reserved.
Spiritual Echo has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.