General Non-Fiction posted January 18, 2012


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Description of an Outdoor Scene

A Peaceful Place

by dejohnsrld (Debbie)

By the flowing water of the stream, I am at peace. The movement of the water cleanses my inner turmoil, washing it away. It carries me to a place where I am one with nature, and comfortable spiritually. I feel relaxed and content to walk alongside the stream, listening to the call of the birds and hearing the rustle of leaves as a doe with her fawn passes by.

Finding a large, flat rock to relax on, I sit mesmerized by the waters' flow. I toss in a pebble and watch the concentric rings created by the splash. This reminds me of skipping rocks when I was a child. I smell the dampness of the earth and feel the fall breeze as the trees ever so gently move.

I am one with nature and with my own authenticity. I am at peace with the world. Possibilities here are endless, and dreams free for the taking.



Recognized


Thanks to jgrace for the awesome artwork!!!
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. dejohnsrld (Debbie) All rights reserved.
dejohnsrld (Debbie) has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.