Horror and Thriller Flash Fiction posted November 27, 2011


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Madness of an artist

The Artist Of The Isles

by Realist101

Seething surf, so loud it almost deafens, beats the boulders, and I wonder who will win the eternal battle. I listen closely as I draw. The voices of the sea are sometimes soft, sometimes harsh. The rocks are stoic though, it will take the sea eons to change them~~to wear them away.

My pencil almost works without me. I draw, erase, draw. The leaded wood leads my hand; like a dog on a leash held by a mistress who isn't firm. I stop my sketch. The voices in my head are louder now. They speak, luring me close to the water's edge.

I look through squinted eyes at a dark equine form bobbing in the water. Its eyes bulge and beseech. The voice is loud now. Almost screaming at me. I must finish the drawing before dark and I return to the paper, now damp with the ocean spray, damp with my tears.

The Kelpie I have drawn is me, and I it. And when I return to the sea, my mate and I will be one again. One with each other. Beneath the dark and quiet deep.



Recognized


Thanks for reading and to Picasa too, for the loan of this strange art! ")
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Realist101 All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Realist101 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.