Writing Non-Fiction posted October 7, 2011


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A Brief Thank You

Happy New Year, Fanstory Friends

by dejohnsrld (Debbie)


Happy New Year, Fanstory Friends!!!

 

October 7, 2010, I very hesitantly clicked on ‘Save,’ having no idea what to expect as I posted my very first Fanstory piece. It was one I had been working on throughout the summer in a therapeutic writing class I had taken.

 

Several of my classmates and friends had looked it over, and it had a message I wanted to share. I didn’t know if it was written well enough to let the whole world see. Once on the internet, anything can happen.

 

Within a few moments of that click, I had two reviews, both 5 stars. This was my first contact with the wonderful world of Fanstoryland and the writing community it encompasses.

 

I figured out if I wanted more reviews, I had to do some reviewing myself. This seemed like a daunting task. Who would care what I thought? I really hadn’t done any writing since 1986 when I graduated from college.

 

Reviewing turned out to be the best learning experience I could have had. I saw how you good writer’s write, and I began to know some of you as ‘real people’ from your writings. Over the past year, I have many wonderful, supportive and at times, humorous relationships. I look forward to checking in with you most every day by posting my work and reading yours.

 

Over the past year, I found my way to poetry, which was a completely new entity for this non-fiction writer. I have enjoyed learning the basics of poetry. When I look back at my first few pieces and at the ones I write now, I can see I have grown as a writer and poet. My friends tell me they have really seen me grow as a person too, over the past year. (They are also very thankful I don’t hunt them down every time I write something now that I share it here.)

 

I could ramble on a few more pages about how wonderful Fanstory and all of you wonderful people are, but you already know what a wonderful place it is, or you wouldn’t be posting here!

 

So, with that, I thank you for a wonderful year, and raise my glass to yours, toasting to another beautiful year!

 

Happy New Year!!!

 

Thank you all so much!!!

 

Your friend, Debbie

 

 





Recognized


Thanks to petapan35 for the artwork!!!


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. dejohnsrld (Debbie) All rights reserved.
dejohnsrld (Debbie) has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.