General Fiction posted September 14, 2011


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A Light look at a serious conflict

Two's Company

by Judith Ann

A bride of only three months, Maria thought how her life, filled with fun and laughter, had changed. Since Mark's disappearance, she lost all hope for a normal day. Maria found it rough to maneuver through one day without a flood of crying.

Mark had stormed out of the house two days ago following that silly fight. Maria would give anything to relive those moments prior to his hasty departure. It was a ridiculous argument really; it should never have happened, but it did and the words could not be rescinded.

Day three dawned and still no sign of Mark. His Jeep Wrangler sat parked in the driveway. When he left he was only going to take a walk to cool off. That's why Maria wasn't worried, but now, three days had passed, and the young bride was frantic.

Marie spotted him through the front picture window and gasped as she tore open the front door, flew down the steps and jumped into his arms, nearly knocking the man over. "I am so sorry, I didn't mean it, and I love you. And I love her too."

Looking deeply into her eyes he said, "Does that mean Mom can come to visit?"



200 Word Flash Fiction writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story that is between 200 - 210 words. The trick is you must use the following words: flood - crying - lost - hope - fun - laughter - rough. Words may be used in different formats (for example: cry, crying, cried)

Recognized


I decided to make light of some very heavy words. Thank you VMarguarite for the use of Couple Time with this short piece.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by VMarguarite at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Judith Ann All rights reserved.
Judith Ann has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.