General Poetry posted June 9, 2011


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Ma bumble bum is meant tae be.

Tae a Bumble Bee.

by alexgardiner


Click oan the wee arrow below next to the lude speakir graphic.
Oh tae be a bumble Bee,
an' sniff aroon aw the fluers yea see.
Wae a bumble buzz oan oany fluer that suits,
an' oanly whin the warm sun is oot.

Ah fly aboot wae a heavy bumbly bum,
lookin' fur fluers in the midday sun.
wae a wee bump there an' a wee bump here,
ma flyin' path is nae quite clear.

Stull whin aw's said an' dun,
am no hampered wae ma huge big bum.
Ma bumble bum is meant tae be,
a more beautiful sicht ye'll niver see.


The Auld Yin.





Listen to this poem as you read. Click the wee wee arrow next to the wee lude speekir graphic above the picture of the Bumble Bee.

If it does not work you may need to download 'Quick Time Player' from the Internet. it is a free download.
I use the Scottish vernacular in 90% of my poems.

The musical sounds and twists of the Scottish words used famously by 'Robert Burns', gives colour and with a little imagination and patience from the reader, makes for a experience in poetry which differs from the usual.
They say the English language is hard to master. Here all you need as I have mentioned is patience of mind and no preconceived ideas as to what is normal.

I know that some still cannot get used to the idea of this vernacular. I do apologize ; however if I do not use this dialect there would be no point in me writing at all. It is different I know but there is enough beautiful 'English' poems on FanStory that it should not matter. So, as it gives me great deal of pleasure I hope you do not mind me carrying on with this style. Thank you:) :) :): :)
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. alexgardiner All rights reserved.
alexgardiner has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.