Romance Fiction posted May 15, 2011 Chapters:  ...9 10 -11- 12... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Bobby visits Anna

A chapter in the book Lonely Hearts Meet

Part two Chapter four

by barbara.wilkey



Background
Anna is a young mother striving to find a way out of an abusive marriage. She meets a stranger, Troy. Troy fights his own demons. Can they help each other find love, or are their struggles too much.
As Anna set her lunch tray aside, she heard a familiar yell. "Where's my damn wife? I have my rights."

He found me. Please God, help.

Bobby barged into the room. His dark demon eyes glared at Anna.

A nurse followed. "Mr. Rodgers, if you cause problems, you'll be forced to leave."

Anna yanked the blankets to her chin as if they could help protect her. "I thought you were in jail."

"I bonded out, no thanks to you. I'm getting my son. Where's he at?" He glanced around the room. "I'm filing for divorce and custody of my kid. You can't do anything right. You're unfit for a wife or a mother. You'll never see him again and you'll pay me child support. You're so stupid you won't make it without me." He stepped closer to the bed and raised his fist.

The nurse stood between them, raised her collar, pressed a button, and called, "Security, you're needed in room 103." She stared at Bobby. "Mr. Rodgers, you need to leave. As for your son, he'll be released in a few hours. You'll need to show proof you're his father."

He glared at the nurse. "I'm his damn father. Why do I need to show anything?"

"Because his mother is in the hospital and she brought him in. You'll need a birth certificate and a picture identification of yourself."

Bobby stormed from the room muttering, "Freaking bureaucracy won't even let a decent man get his son. That bitch caused this." His eyes shot daggers at Anna. "We'll talk about this later, bitch." He left the room.

Anna released a deep breath and reached for the nurse's hand. "Thank you. Do I need ID to check-out my son? I didn't bring anything with me?"

The nurse smiled. "Neither of you do. He's a bully. I recognize the type. My best friend used to date a man like him." She patted Anna's arm. "I made it up to give you more time to decide what you're going to do, but you'd better hurry."

The nurse left the room and tears streamed down Anna's cheeks. Whatever my next step is, I'd better hurry and do it.

Anna glanced up and saw a slightly graying woman standing in the doorway. "May I help you?"

"My name is Ellen Collier. I'm a hospital volunteer. I didn't mean to eavesdrop but Mr. Rodgers wasn't exactly quiet. The entire floor heard him and is aware of how dangerous he is. We need to talk. I think I can assist you with your problem."



Recognized


I know this is a very short post. It is the second part of a much longer chapter. I felt this is the best place to break the chapter. I appreciate your review.

Domestic violence is repetitive in nature: about I in 5 women victimized by their spouse or ex-spouse reported that they had been a victim of a series of at least 3 assaults in the last 6 months.
Updated June 27, 2000
http://dso.uncc.edu/women/TBN_Web/stats.html

National Domestic Violence Hotline - 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) and 1-800-787-3224 (TDD)
Every state has their own hotline number.



Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. barbara.wilkey All rights reserved.
barbara.wilkey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.