War and History Non-Fiction posted May 1, 2011


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
stream of consciousness

SIR

by AlvinTEthington

   

I met him in the train station bar. Sgt. Griffin (I never called him by his first name; he called me SIR), E-7, damaged by cruel and senseless wars, drinking himself into oblivion. An abandoned soul. Twenty-seven years old with a heartless destiny of death—two tours of duty in Iraq, one in Afghanistan, and going back. Lost three of his men. He told me if I would buy him a bottle of tequila, he would do whatever I wanted; he knew how to follow orders. I took him home. That night, in his drunken sleep, he kept crying out THE BASTARDS! I assured him I was there, his rock in a tumultuous emotional sea. The next morning, I didn't obtain his phone number. I have regrets.


 





100 Word Story writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story that is between 100 and 150 words. The trick is you must use the following words: drink - rock - damage - heartless - destiny - cruel - abandon - lost - regret - bastard. Words may be used in different formats (for example: drink, drinking or drank)

Recognized


A true story
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. AlvinTEthington All rights reserved.
AlvinTEthington has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.