Western Flash Fiction posted January 8, 2011


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A young cowboy goes for a ride

Daisies and Dragonflies

by Realist101

The little cowboy pushed his Stetson on tight, determined to catch his horse by himself. He readied his halter and leadrope, but the old mare knew he was too short so she walked away.

He coaxed her with an apple, and bridled her like his daddy taught him. Caught, Daisy waited as the boy climbed on her back.

She carried him to the fields where wildflowers grew and dragonflies danced, and when they got back home, the littlest cowboy slid off his horse into his momma's arms, where he gave her wild flowers and a happy birthday hug.



100 Word Dash writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Take flash fiction to the extreme. Can you tell a complete story in just 100 words. If so, this is your opportunity to shine. The story can be about any subject you wish, creative approaches are of course encouraged. All stories must have the following: Main Character, Setting, Conflict, Resolution.

Recognized


98 words...whew. CHOP CHOP! Thank you for reading and to Photobucket.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Realist101 All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Realist101 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.